Filters and LFOs

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Filters and LFOs

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:45 am

oscillateur wrote:You know, you start with questions like this and you end up with a modular... :)

Which reminds me to recommend the Koma Kommander to people who have pedals with CV inputs (for the ones with expression inputs, check first the voltage range they accept without issues). Relatively cheap and cheerful way of controlling anything with CV. I think D.o.S. bought one because of me. I'm an influential man.

Cosigning both of these. Love my Kommander.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:49 am

But, Pope, what you really want is something like the Doepfer A-147-2, where you can mix Triangle, Sine, Sawtooth and Rectangle waveforms in ways pedals can only dream of.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:43 pm

So tempted to do a little modular rack for this reason. Just so hard to commit when it won't be part of the live band board, just for personal wankery. I'm hoping the Happiness is the perfect happy medium, that I can filter to my hearts content but not have to spend well over a grand getting a little rack together. Happiness seems to do lots, but I'm new to the world of filters.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:14 pm

D.o.S. wrote:But, Pope, what you really want is something like the Doepfer A-147-2, where you can mix Triangle, Sine, Sawtooth and Rectangle waveforms in ways pedals can only dream of.

PeteeBee wrote:So tempted to do a little modular rack for this reason. Just so hard to commit when it won't be part of the live band board, just for personal wankery. I'm hoping the Happiness is the perfect happy medium, that I can filter to my hearts content but not have to spend well over a grand getting a little rack together. Happiness seems to do lots, but I'm new to the world of filters.

Yeah I've considered the Doepfer stuff and some small units for delays and granular stuffs and basically I feel like I'm staring down the modular barrel. :lol:
Don't think I haven't considered it. I'm treating it like drug use. It's not serious until you inject it/it's not in a pedal format....right?

Working through that list Chank. Gotta say this thing has a lot of appeal:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Nails it:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Yeah, I've been impressed with the Protostar demos I've heard.

That Nuvibe too, but it's so expensive for just a modern Univibe. I guess if that's really the sound you're looking for though. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:02 pm

I wasn't huge on the Nuvibe when it came out (mostly because it's pretty expensive for what it is, as Chank mentioned) but the whole graphic waveform thing is pretty cool.

I think more what I was driving at was how to get lopsided and strange wave shapes. I think DoS is onto something with the whole two out of sync thing.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Yeah, another way, as D.o.S. mentioned, is just using two separate modulation pedals. That's something I really like to do.

Two phasers. A phaser and a tremolo. Phaser & flanger. Etc. Etc. Whatever you wanna use. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:52 pm

...or an MF-102. Use the LFO to change the F of the O.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby D Rock » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:03 pm

I use my MF-103 lfo to make the mf-101 a trem. It can do some nasty stuff that normal tremolos can't touch and with expression pedal into the lfo rate it is just something amazing. Especially with some delay after.
D Rock

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:29 pm

I dunno if you're concerned with board real estate but two moogerfoogers and an EP pedal is going to take up a lot of it.

Can't deny that they sound good and look swanky, though.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D Rock » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:15 am

Yeah I'm not super concerned with that.
D Rock

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:48 am

My wallet is concerned with Moog products but if that weren't an issue, space wouldn't even register as a concern.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:33 am

I had the Protostar for a few days but sent it back, in my opinion it didn't sound that great, too clean and clinical, no character.
It also doesn't have a lopsided waveform or anything, plus I found it very finnicky to dial in.
It seems that the attack and release times on the Protostar are linked on the attack knob but they're not dialed in right.
Plus all knobs have a huge range but most of the sounds you can get in those ranges are not that great or useful.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:15 am

vidret wrote:Definitely check out the happiness. I think it's something like what you're looking for with a good price and size.

The shape shift mountain doesn't have blend, but I love the sounds.

Happiness is on my short list of things I would probably get if this were something I was in high demand of. That's just not the case right now.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear