Super budget pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Super budget pedals

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm

friendship wrote:So I don't give a shit about whether a pedal is mini or enormous, but the Mooer Spark series is god damn adorable, I want to cuddle them all.

The band Chroma used one of those Spark Overdrives on bass and it sounded incredible.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby psychic vampire. » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:12 am

Gone Fission wrote:
psychic vampire. wrote:Of all the budget pedals mentioned in here, does anyone know of a budget chorus/flanger (could be either or both) that has stereo-ins?

If you can deal with the 30-pin iOS thing, the Digitech iStomp sounds really fucking good and will give you flavors of each. The asspain is that it's not an easy thing to switch between chorus and flange on the fly--you need to be hard wired to the iDevice.

Dunno if the Nux Modcore is any good at all. But stereo I/O, cheap as heck new.

I don't have a smartphone or iOS device, so that's out. The Nux Modcore has been a consideration. Especially bc i'll always take inspiration from Audioslime/Seppuku to mod shit.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:09 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:
psychic vampire. wrote:Of all the budget pedals mentioned in here, does anyone know of a budget chorus/flanger (could be either or both) that has stereo-ins?

Most of the old DOD stuff had options for stereo ins that if you search for deals you can probably find very cheap. Even normal prices never seem to eclipse $100. Only boner is that awkward power plug in. Easy mod to a Boss 9V though.

I was just looking at the DODs, did they do Stereo-ins on a TRS jack?

Ugh. This thread, and that Devi Ever+Drum Machine video has started an itch, for shitty sounding*, cheap effects on everything. Need less pedals, not more. B-b-b-but fun.

*Shit = good. You know what i mean.

I'll (hopefully not) forget and open mine up to check tonight.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:07 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:
Ugh. This thread, and that Devi Ever+Drum Machine video has started an itch, for shitty sounding*, cheap effects on everything. Need less pedals, not more. B-b-b-but fun.

*Shit = good. You know what i mean.

To inspire more drum/synth fuzz fuckery, Super old video that got me on the fuzz train back in 2007:

Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby ck3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Received a Little Bear R.attack today, and the resulting joy was short-lived. I noticed a buzzing sound when all pedals in my signal chain were bypassed and, through a process of elimination, traced the noise the the R.attack. After some testing, I determined the one I received probably has a defective output jack. Truly a shame given it provided all sorts of pleasing overdrive and distortion tones. A return is currently in progress. Looks like I'll have to save up for a boutique clone with the same features. :mad:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Would seriously recommend the Idiotbox Blowerbox as a "cheap" boutique RAT clone that sounds amazing on bass, guitar, synth, analogue kick drums...

Also the Dunn Grand Deceiver looks great. Neither of these are super budget though.

I do want to one day figure out which DOD pedal the Mantic Vitriol is based on.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:21 pm

The Blower Box looks decent and is likely high quality given how great the Dungeon Master was (though ultimately not for me). I went ahead and sprung for a Tomsline Black Teeth.

I'll miss having the option of battery power, and hope the quality control is better than that of Little Bear. More later once it arrives.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby penelope tree » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:

If you can deal with the 30-pin iOS thing, the Digitech iStomp sounds really fucking good and will give you flavors of each. The asspain is that it's not an easy thing to switch between chorus and flange on the fly--you need to be hard wired to the iDevice.

Dunno if the Nux Modcore is any good at all. But stereo I/O, cheap as heck new.

I don't have a smartphone or iOS device, so that's out. The Nux Modcore has been a consideration. Especially bc i'll always take inspiration from Audioslime/Seppuku to mod shit.

Maybe one of the Zoom Multistomp pedals would suffice?
penelope tree

committed
committed

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:57 pm

ck3 wrote:I'll miss having the option of battery power, and hope the quality control is better than that of Little Bear. More later once it arrives.

My $35 Tomsline bit crusher is still crushing after a few months without incident. It's as well made as any of the minis.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby doommeow » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 am

Behringer Flanger Machine?
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby doommeow » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:56 am

ck3 wrote:Mooer E-lady: So far, so good. Reminds me a bit of a vintage, big box EHX DEM I owned many moons ago.

Don't forget the Donner and Monoprice versions. Same circuit, half the price.
doommeow

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby colossus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:02 pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned the Behringer Vintage Time Machine yet, but it's $50 on Amazon and while isn't a replacement for a Memory Man, it sounds damn good. Super murky and the vibrato is awesome. Yeah, it's huge. Deal with it.
colossus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:06 am

colossus wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned the Behringer Vintage Time Machine yet, but it's $50 on Amazon and while isn't a replacement for a Memory Man, it sounds damn good. Super murky and the vibrato is awesome. Yeah, it's huge. Deal with it.

It's actually sold out a lot of places right now and used prices are starting to climb. I know because I have been looking. Anybody who wants to dump one for $50 hit me up!!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby ck3 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Aside from minute cosmetic defects, the Tomsline Black Teeth seems decent thus far. It provides the same, basic Rat flavors as the Little Bear R.attack in a chassis 1/3rd the size for a little over half the price new.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:36 pm

spacelordmother wrote:
colossus wrote:I don't know if anyone mentioned the Behringer Vintage Time Machine yet, but it's $50 on Amazon and while isn't a replacement for a Memory Man, it sounds damn good. Super murky and the vibrato is awesome. Yeah, it's huge. Deal with it.

It's actually sold out a lot of places right now and used prices are starting to climb. I know because I have been looking. Anybody who wants to dump one for $50 hit me up!!

Supplies are dwindling, but this guy just accepted a counteroffer for $59 with free shipping:

https://reverb.com/item/2129186-behringer-vm1-vintage-analog-delay-echo-chorus-vibrato-free-shipping
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear