Montreal Assembly Your and You're

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Montreal Assembly Your and You're

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:51 am

Chankgeez wrote:They're in stock at the http://mtlasm.tictail.com

I don't quite understand it though because "The Mothership" is trying to sell one on Reverb for almost double the original price. What's especially troubling is the goal of The Mothership is purportedly "making everyone's experience on the site better". How is ripping a buyer off making their experience better? It's almost funny because they guarantee "fair pricing". They're supposed to be setting an example to other sellers.

I always lowball the shit out of them. 50/50 they actually take it :thumb:
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weebles » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:They're in stock at the http://mtlasm.tictail.com

I don't quite understand it though because "The Mothership" is trying to sell one on Reverb for almost double the original price. What's especially troubling is the goal of The Mothership is purportedly "making everyone's experience on the site better". How is ripping a buyer off making their experience better? It's almost funny because they guarantee "fair pricing". They're supposed to be setting an example to other sellers.

I've said this on a few other threads, but that account ruins Reverb for me. I mean, at least price gouge and lowball people with an account that doesn't directly contradict your own statements about your business model. Yeah, yeah, it's a business, every spin chip-based pedal should have 18 effects, whatever. I get it. But just maybe run those accounts anonymously?

Back to the Your and You're - I'm having some issues getting note clarity from it. If I'm just noodling around it's fine, and it's good for bar cords in drop C#, but if I want to do a more complex chord, all I really get is fuzz without any sort of pitch. Am I just hoping that it can do something that it's not meant to do, or am I using it wrong?
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:05 pm

I don't think you're gonna get much note clarity out of it. It's just not that type of fuzz. :idk:

Not that you're using it wrong, but you can try to hit it really hard with another pedal before it. It should smooth things out a little. Maybe not enough to add definition though. You'll have to conduct some experiments for yourself. :poke:

I've found running another fuzz or dirt pedal after it adds a lot to it as well.

Does anyone know how easy it'd be to mod it so that the expression controls the volume? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Does anyone know how easy it'd be to mod it so that the expression controls the volume? :snax:

Not sure if this's even possible, I just cracked it open, because of the surface mount. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby multi_s » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:51 pm

you could do it but it would be some work/cutting a bunch of traces/etc. probably easier just to use a... volume pedal?

or you could use a stereo to dual mono splitter to use an exp pedal as a volume pedal, on a trs expression pedal you could set it up as tip is the input, ring is the output, grounds shared on sleeve. then just put it after the yny .
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks, Scott, I first need to get a volume pedal. :lol:

I've been running the YnY before an envelope filter and turning the volume knob does sorta what the tone knob normally does (only better). It sounds pretty good opening and closing the envelope like that. I'll sort everything out eventually.

(Nice new avatar, btw.) :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:51 pm

weebles wrote:
Back to the Your and You're - I'm having some issues getting note clarity from it. If I'm just noodling around it's fine, and it's good for bar cords in drop C#, but if I want to do a more complex chord, all I really get is fuzz without any sort of pitch. Am I just hoping that it can do something that it's not meant to do, or am I using it wrong?

you can make a clip and post or send it to me mtl.asm@gmail.com and i can tell you if it sounds damaged or malfunctioning

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:28 pm

no more hotdog man?

Was that what crashed the SQL server??????
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weebles » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:16 pm

multi_s wrote:
weebles wrote:

you can make a clip and post or send it to me mtl.asm@gmail.com and i can tell you if it sounds damaged or malfunctioning

s

Hey thanks! I'll send something you're way when I get back home in a few days.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Was watching 3rd rock from the sun last night...and reminded me of the old Wrong Side Of Uranus pedal...then I looked up your & you're...saw like 5 or 6 on the verb...really like the one knob/killer "synth" sound....one of those pedals I could use the hell out of but should hold on for...expecially when your pedal fund is patiently awaiting new releases. :hobbes:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear