MWFX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MWFX

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Inconuucl wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:
JonnyAngle wrote:
jwar wrote:UGH! Want a Glitch so fucking bad!

your boner!

His boner!

THE PEOPLE'S BONER.

I'm so proud of you.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:43 pm

Nicely done, guys. :lol:
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:42 am

I got home last night and my girlfriend had invited some of our friends round for the evening so I was obliged to not touch my guitar :picard:.

Tonight though, I'll RECORD SOME GLITCHZ

Suggestions for pedal combinations you might wanna hear are highly encouraged - choose from:

memento, blue box, antichthon, slow engine, 4046-m, whammy molten midi, clarinot, geiger counter civilian, Boss PS3, Judder mini, DD7, RV7, Digitech Synth wah, Boss PS5, Purple Octopus. Moog Murf, Devi Noise Floor, Bad Stone ,
Count to 5, Freeze, Copilot Molecule V1, Copilot Molecule V3, Zoom ms50g, Holy Grail Max, Boss HF2, ODB-3, Line6 M5, Bass Big Muff Pi, Bugbrand Microcrusher,
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:22 am

I just want to hear the pedal by itself, personally.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 am

Yep, if possible that would be great! ^
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:45 am

Okey doke. My Glitch has a fault in that the +1 octave isn't working, so I won't be able to demo that setting until Matt fixes. I'll try cover everything it does on it's own. If I find any combos with others that I like I'll include.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That would suck if you bought one in the US and had to ship it back. Man. Hopefully he figures that one out. It's on my radar like a mofo. I feel next year is going to be just nasty and horrible on my wallet. Almost deplorable even. hahaha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:12 am

jwar wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That would suck if you bought one in the US and had to ship it back. Man. Hopefully he figures that one out. It's on my radar like a mofo. I feel next year is going to be just nasty and horrible on my wallet. Almost deplorable even. hahaha

I think I just have bad luck with PLL's.... my 4046-m arrived with one voice completely dead, had to return for a replacement. Now this... Luckily i'm in London. Matt is sorting out a replacement so I can hold on to this one while he does, and looking into a few things with the circuit itself, as the A,B,C,D modes are kind of experimental.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:21 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I just want to hear the pedal by itself, personally.

Same here. But that's a rad collection of pedals, though!
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:33 pm

https://vimeo.com/189222962

Sorry for the length, the potato quality and yeah. This just reinforced my hate of making videos.
There's no other pedals in the video, but just a note to say that fuzz/distortion before this actually chills it out, i'm guessing a simple boost would do the same. overdrive afterwards is pretty gnarly, it goes great with the clarinot and/or judder for broken computer sounds and extra glitch.
There's bass towards the end of the video but i'd got fed up of cutting bits out of my stupidly long take by that point so probably doesn't do it justice.

Recording is DI'd straight into my interface, no amp or sims or reverb blah blah blah

THIS THING IS FUN
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Dude that demo was amazing! Thank you! I'd love to fuck with this thing for sure now!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Sounds amazing!
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:21 am

Thanks dudes :group:
Editing video on a 2010 MacBook is hell tho :rant:. Should probably stop buying pedals and save for a new laptop. Though the new MacBooks just seem like Apple trolling the world more than ever before :grumpy:

Things of note - replacing the pitch tracking with a carrier signal works better on the high frequency settings (+4-+6) for clearer defined notes more akin to crash sync (speaking from experience of your and you're). Without the carrier the +5 / +6 are much less versatile than the lower settings for variety of glitches. Modes abcd only work with the carrier knob up (fully counter clockwise disengages the carrier). Abcd speed and pitch of carrier are interrelated and is controlled by the carrier, glitch and lockup knobs simultaneously. Theres no way to produce a completely cleanly tracked octave signal, although I think a boost before the pedal may achieve this if you ever actually wanted that, the tone knob makes a difference but on my bridge pickup it actually tracked slightly cleaner with the tone up rather than down.... :idk:

I feel like there should be Pedal ' meetups' in the U.K. Like they do for modular synths. There probably are and I'm just clueless.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby peaches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:06 pm

chrisdermo wrote:I feel like there should be Pedal ' meetups' in the U.K. Like they do for modular synths. There probably are and I'm just clueless.
peaches

committed
committed

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Jesus fuck I didn't think I'd want one of these but those sounds are making me hard.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear