Fuzzrocious Demon at 12v or higher?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Fuzzrocious Demon at 12v or higher?

Postby themeanreds » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:59 pm

Hello y'all

Has anyone tried running a Fuzzrocious Demon at 12v or higher?

I would like to try doing so with my Demon, and I'm not sure if the pedal can handle the higher voltage. I asked Ryan Fuzzrocious, and he is not sure; they have not tested it at higher than 9v.

Ryan did let me know that running a Demon at over 9v voids the warranty; please keep that in mind if you are braver than I, and decide to give it a whirl.
themeanreds

experienced
experienced

Re: Fuzzrocious Demon at 12v or higher?

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Nah man. Tried one but never at anything past 9v.

Why do you feel the need to push it with 12? I wouldn't do it if it voids your warranty. Plus you could really fuck your pedal if you're not careful. I know, I've learned the hard way.

Also, Ryan has a subforum here now, so maybe he's tried it since you spoke?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: Fuzzrocious Demon at 12v or higher?

Postby themeanreds » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:30 pm

jwar wrote:Nah man. Tried one but never at anything past 9v.

Why do you feel the need to push it with 12? I wouldn't do it if it voids your warranty. Plus you could really fuck your pedal if you're not careful. I know, I've learned the hard way.

Also, Ryan has a subforum here now, so maybe he's tried it since you spoke?

Regarding the need: It's hardly urgent. I just got a new power supply, and switchedh up a couple of pedals on my board. I'm left with a free 12v tap on the power supply. The way things have shaken out, I need to either run a couple of pedals daisy-chained from A 9v tap (not a big deal, but it would mean using the 8-plug daisy chain that I have, and having a lot more pasta under my board, or getting or making a 2-plug chain. Again, not life/death stuff, here), or running a pedal from the open 12v tap.

I'm pretty sure that the other pedals on my board can definitely not run safely off of 12v. Since the Demon is based on the OCD, which can run at up to 18v, I am wondering if someone might have given more juice a go.
themeanreds

experienced
experienced

Return to General Gear