Tired of...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Tired of...

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 pm

I want to pick up a lovepedal echo baby this week. Only one knob & its for delay time so I can twist it with my toe and have sci-fi noises low in my mix. My main delay has too many knobs for me to bump into with mah big feet. I don't usually like mini pedals but this is the cheapest /easiest solution I found to satisfy my warbling laser needs.
Posting here cuz it's nothing very original but it happens to fill a specific niche.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frodog » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:20 pm

EAR Electronics "The Ghost" (all handpainted), best three-knob delay? I dig its murkiness and oscillation. AFAIK it's the Madbean Cave Dweller circuit, time (purple knob), delay vol (no mix) and feedback.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:45 pm

i'm tired of the standard-ass 3PDT's everyone uses

they click loudly, they feel shit if you're barefoot, they're by far the most common thing to break on boutique pedals, most builders use the same switching on all their pedals so if they build a delay or reverb it will just be simple true bypass with no trails, causes popping noises, etc etc etc.
fuck that shit. i would pay more for a dr scientist pedal or something else with 21st century switching technology over a cheaper thing with 3pdt trve bypass any day. even a different brand of switch, like LAL uses, would be better.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:53 pm

and fuck pedals that process sound. i mean cum up with something new. i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.

open challenge.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:06 pm

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.

I thought that was your company's mission statement.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm beyond bored with companies acting like modulation is this great new feature.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:i'm tired of the standard-ass 3PDT's everyone uses

they click loudly, they feel shit if you're barefoot, they're by far the most common thing to break on boutique pedals, most builders use the same switching on all their pedals so if they build a delay or reverb it will just be simple true bypass with no trails, causes popping noises, etc etc etc.
fuck that shit. i would pay more for a dr scientist pedal or something else with 21st century switching technology over a cheaper thing with 3pdt trve bypass any day. even a different brand of switch, like LAL uses, would be better.

I feel your pain...
Maybe that's the reason I'm a Boss/Eventide sucker?

I'm tired of dozens of reverbs and delays that don't bring anything new to the table.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:32 pm

multi_s wrote:and fuck pedals that process sound. i mean cum up with something new. i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.

open challenge.

I know you're joking but honestly it's the same old rehashed bullshit all the time that seems to come out and sell well. It's kind of sad and pathetic IMO.

There are a few companies that really excel at trying to think outside the box. You just happen to run one. :)

Overdrive is probably the most over produced pedal in the world. LOL! I cannot believe how many OD's there are, and I'm a sucker for grind, so I love trying them. That being said, I've found 90% of them are exactly the fucking same. That's the same thing I've found with a lot of distortion, flange and well even phasers.

I have the Roland Phase II and it has two knobs and sounds better than almost any phaser I've ever tried. Sometimes less is more. Not always though.

I like to have a lot more control over my OD's, that's why I've always dug Darkglass, but the newest incarnations they put out interest me the least because of too much control. Weird right?

Sometimes I want more, sometimes I want less. I'm a picky motherfucker. hahaha

Also, I like trying everything I can get my dirty hands on.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

ramonovski wrote:

I feel your pain...

I'm tired of dozens of reverbs and delays that don't bring anything new to the table.

I tend to agree. No matter what I try, my H9 can beat it in almost all realms and some of the Boss stuff out classes the fanciest stuff out there. Cough Strymon COUGH
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby popvulture » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:59 pm

jwar wrote:
ramonovski wrote:

I feel your pain...

I tend to agree. No matter what I try, my H9 can beat it in almost all realms and some of the Boss stuff out classes the fanciest stuff out there. Cough Strymon COUGH

I will say the Dig is one of the more interesting delays I've seen in a while. I think it's a testament to the fact that maybe Strymon should try to embrace digital a little more and stop spending so much time chasing the dragon with analog emulations.

Admittedly the Dig is emulating something as well, but at least it's emulating something digital.

The thing is, most of the guitar oriented stuff isn't trying to be that weird. As soon as you step out of that territory, it seems to me that manufacturers get a lot more fun:

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:17 pm

popvulture wrote:The thing is, most of the guitar oriented stuff isn't trying to be that weird.

You can get weird with anything, though. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll have your hand held on the journey there.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Most guitarists are technophobes.

Probably me included.
At least I feel I'm searching for my own sounds, rather than the ultimate trve Gilmour toan or something that someone else already did better half a century ago. I like to think that mitigates my technophobia.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby popvulture » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
popvulture wrote:The thing is, most of the guitar oriented stuff isn't trying to be that weird.

You can get weird with anything, though. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll have your hand held on the journey there.

Oh I totally agree with you there, but after a while it seems like why fucking bother with some of these delays? Level, feedback, maybe modulation? DMM did it better than anything else I've heard, for the most part.

I enjoy finding new sounds as a player, but I also enjoy companies who encourage that discovery by making exciting new things.

It's not like this hasn't been talked about a million times on here.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Hyphen Nation » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Only thing I am tired of is how much of a sucker I am/how much of a simple man I am when it comes to guitar...what ever the new noisemaker is, I feel like I need it when watching a knobs video, or reading review hype, then I play with it, and often realize that it doesn't have a home on my board, doesn't help me write better songs. I appreciate that pedal makers are constantly innovating, and making stuff that inspire people. I think I am just too dumb/simple to leverage a lot of what comes out.
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:53 pm

I feel that way about real noisemakers. :lol:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear