Red Panda? TL;DR buy a Particle

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda? VIDRET!

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:25 pm

:poke:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby fcknoise » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:11 pm

It's because you are an all knowing riff beast

Also, I'm coming over tomorrow. Writing here so people witness this and won't be too hungover or whatever reasons I have
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:46 pm

vidret wrote:feels like i'm being called on a lot these days :lol:

what is it that you feel you need that the ct5 doesn't cover? (not saying i'm not gonna have both on my board but..)

Out of the 3 I'd say go for the particle, definitely. It's got the nice, choppy, glitchy, cozy and the crazy. LFO mode 4ever

The raster is a great idea, and really useful, but it doesn't have that real crazy in it, and no glitch.
Haven't owned the context, afaik it doesn't have reverse reverb which is sad, because that's fucking cool. beyond that, everyone seems to love it.

The ct5 is almost too clean. Like, I want REAL glitches and randomness, not MIT programmed glitchiness? I prefer the gb24 over ct5, but talk about rare.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Reverse reverb eh?
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Yeah, having both at the same time, wound up that contrary to many of the opinions i read (which, i know, i know, not the most useful in determining how i;ll like a sound) i liked the Particle far better than the Count To 5 for that thing they both do where they overlap. And i found more use/need for the things the Particle did that the CT5 didn't and less use/need for the things the CT5 did that the Particle didn't. Not everyone is going to be there, but it's me. Without even getting into the pitch shift modes, the LFO-delay and the Reverse Delay are incredible, Pitch, Random, and Density are all usable to good. And then you get the pitch modes too and holy fucking shit! The Particle represents a level of ingenuity, care, and functionality that i would like to demand from all my effects. It's why i sort of just pared down to it and the Timebender as far as my weird effects. I don't want to dredge up the fucking Spin Chip arguments, but if all my effects could give me this much, i'd be a very happy noise girl.

I would love to try a Raster one day, but more than likely i feel like a Boss PS-3 or Boss RPS-10 could do the things i'd want out of a Raster for less, with more grit, which i'm after anyway.

The Context is one of those pedals i'll never be able to speak about. If i want clean reverbs, my Digitech Supernatural is stereo and cheaper. Otherwise the Gods of Industrial and Noise said let there be Digiverbs and MIDIverbs and Reverbs built into your Octatrack or mixer or whatever, and there was much rejoicing.

JohnnnnnnyAngle: Reverse Reverb is one of those effects i never really thought about how i'd use it or why i'd want it, and then one day a techno mix was missing something, so we put every track into the send, ran the send into a Digiverb, and it made the song.
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:26 pm

Good rundown/rant. Made me psyched on heading back to the rehersal space on Monday to play with my Particle (twss)! :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:00 am

god damn i miss my particle after reading this thread
there was one setting with i think the LFO that blew me away whenever i used it
i still dont really know why i got rid of it tbh
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:41 am

I think I can live without the context. I was able to score a uverbia, which is the killer-est analog reverb (I hope)

So now I'm looking for a reverse reverb and a particle. Thanks again ILF!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby psychic vampire. » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:18 am

Honestly, the FX500, Midiverb II, and Digiverb were good enough for a lot of people. Pretty sure they all go reverse. SPX-90 also probably?
D.o.S. wrote:Hello, this is your captain speaking, our altitude has set to bleep so lets sit back and get ready to bloop. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space.
psychic vampire.

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:54 am

I found a digiverb for cheaps online. Thanks, Psychic Vampire!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:05 pm

thread has me gassin for another particle.. don't know if you've tried this yet, but exp control of the buffer length on ct5 mode 1 yields some convincing glitch sounds
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Red Panda? TL;DR buy a Particle

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 pm

resincum wrote:thread has me gassin for another particle.. don't know if you've tried this yet, but exp control of the buffer length on ct5 mode 1 yields some convincing glitch sounds

Good idea
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:12 pm

DSD-2.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 pm

Look what be poppin' up on Reverb for a halfway decent price?

https://reverb.com/item/2606037-red-pan ... delay-2015
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:13 pm

vidret wrote:have 2, doesn't stand a chance to the particle/ct5

Dang.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear