Step vs. Bandpass Filter w/ Delay

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Step vs. Bandpass Filter w/ Delay

Postby ogguitar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:25 pm

I'm looking to replicate the sound of a Eventide H3000 in Band Delays mode. I have a Timeline, so I'm wondering how a step filter like the ZCAT or Subdecay Proteus might sound in the effects loop. The Filter Delay on the Timeline doesn't seem able to get the H3000 sound, but I'm still exploring it a bit. I've also found the BuGGFX Daydream Delay, which seems to be at least partially based on the Eventide. It only has 3 bandpass filters that are evenly spaced, and the delays are evenly spaced as well. Maybe the Timeline with a step filter in the loop would be more versatile? I live overseas so buying and selling effects is a bit more difficult and costly than in the States. So I'd prefer just to make one purchase. Any of you fellow weirdos do something similar to what I'm describing? Or have any other thoughts/advice?
ogguitar

involved
involved

Re: Step vs. Bandpass Filter w/ Delay

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:50 pm

Yeah, I listened to justnick's demo of the Daydream yesterday. It sounded pretty nice.

I have no idea about what you wanna do, but it seems like it'd sound interesting. I :love: filters.

I hope someone can give you some good advice. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ogguitar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks! Outside of using autowah on one song over 8 years ago, I've never been big on filters or phasing. I got turned on to this effect via Billy Corgan (e.g. Soma 2nd verse). To my ears, it sounds like a pitch shift delay or shimmer effect without the mess from adding all the extra frequencies.
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Boss PH-3 has a step mode and goes pretty cheap.

Could always get another filter with CV in and get a copilot broadcast (or talk to Adam about combining the gyroscope and broadcast or something). Broadcast would give you tap tempo and several different kinds of LFOs including step and sample and hold.

Cheap filters with exp/CV in? Eh, I am blanking at the moment.
Haha.

I've heard very good things about the Seymour Duncan deju vu delay's effects loop too which could save you some cash.

Another option is the zoom step filter or something on the multistomp. They sound pretty alright plus more stuff. Might be a good starting point.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ogguitar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:41 pm

lordgalvar wrote:Boss PH-3 has a step mode and goes pretty cheap.

Another option is the zoom step filter or something on the multistomp. They sound pretty alright plus more stuff. Might be a good starting point.

Thanks for the heads up on these! I can at least try them in a store more easily
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby duffmcshark » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:57 pm

The TimeFactor / H9 has a BandDelays algorithm.
duffmcshark

involved
involved

Postby frigid midget » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:18 am

Dont know if its the same as what you're after, but I've been wondering myself what a copilot gyroscope would sound like if you'd put it through the loop of a delay pedal...:idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to General Gear