Anyone use Lace pickups?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Anyone use Lace pickups?

Postby OakenTower » Sun May 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Any Lace Sensor users? These sound fantastic in clips! The mini Nitro Hemi's are the only mini humbuckers I've found that are designed for modern high gain tones. I ordered a set for my 2016 Gibson Firebird, hopefully they live up to my expectations. Can't find much information online about them(forums and user feedback) anyone have experience with these Lace pups for high gain applications?Image
OakenTower

involved
involved

Re: Anyone use Lace pickups?

Postby rfurtkamp » Mon May 23, 2016 1:50 am

They seem decent on the modern stuff.

I played some Fenders with them back in the day and they did high gain of the time pretty well. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them if I was replacing a set.

One thing to look for if you want to be able to easily put stuff back unmolested is get one of the conversion kits for the Gibson quick-release pickup sets (so you don't have to hack up the existing PUs) as a FYI.

I assume they sell those kits; they included a couple of them with my 2016 LP.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pd~ » Mon May 23, 2016 10:51 am

No experience with those particular pickups, but I've had a blue-silver-red dually set in my jag for a few years now. I like 'em.
aka leaves turn - engineer with DigiTech/DOD
pd~

committed
committed

Postby PeteeBee » Mon May 23, 2016 11:40 am

Let us know how they sound! I really want to throw a minihumbucker in the neck spot of my melody maker sg, but I can't find too much info on them. Im pretty hesitant to get one bc it will require new routing and wiring so I need to really love it once it's done.
Last edited by PeteeBee on Mon May 23, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon May 23, 2016 11:41 am

I believe a couple of Doom Roomers use Laces?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Mon May 23, 2016 1:14 pm

i got a free set of them somehow because the lace guys go to every show around here and i was hanging out with nate newton one time. i wasnt all that impressed with them
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 pm

the guys? Nate Newton in the plural? or the pickups?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby braaandooon » Mon May 23, 2016 2:36 pm

I've loaded some regular nitro's into a friends SG. They sound great through an OCD into a cranked JCM 800. Excellent for modern high gain stuff and was suprised with how tight these stayed considering how much bottom is available compared to the 498t it replaced.

Pretty happy with the few Lace offerings I've tried out. My favorites being the red dually and blue single my Tele Plus came loaded with, although those pups make that guitar sound more like a LP than a Tele.

Anyways, the Lace loaded Tele gets more play than any of my various guitars that are loaded with Duncan's, Bare Knuckle's, EMG's, etc. So yah, Lace for the win. Need to try out some BLK TRI though. They look wicked.
Biggest Muff --> http://imgur.com/Tif0mdU

braaandooon

experienced
experienced

Postby PeteeBee » Mon May 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Not to derail, but I guess my problem is that I'm not going for a modern high gain sound at all, but I always have some level of gain on, often quite a bit, so it seems like high gain pickups might be great. But then to really throw it off, it seems lots of dudes like really old school, low output stuff to make broader use of their dirt's potential. IDK. Realistically I'm not making any purchases right now, but these are somewhere on my radar.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Mad Titan » Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 pm

OakenTower wrote:Any Lace Sensor users? These sound fantastic in clips! The mini Nitro Hemi's are the only mini humbuckers I've found that are designed for modern high gain tones. I ordered a set for my 2016 Gibson Firebird, hopefully they live up to my expectations. Can't find much information online about them(forums and user feedback) anyone have experience with these Lace pups for high gain applications?Image

I just tried a set of Lollar CS shop Blondes in my Strat thinking I may switch out the Gold Lace Sensors I put in there a cpl decades ago. Now maybe it was the Fender Blender set up on the pre loaded guard vs. my original TBX set up, but I couldn't get them out and get the Lace Golds back in there fast enough.
The Mad Titan

committed
committed

Postby Bartimaeus » Thu May 26, 2016 11:44 pm

I have basically DIY'd a Tele Plus V2 out of my MIM, and I really like the sound of the Lace Sensor Golds. These pickups have a very distinct sound, but if you like it then you'll be really happy for the change of flavor.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby daseb » Fri May 27, 2016 12:26 am

I have the matt pike one in my 80s tokai les paul. It's perfectly fine, sounds exactly like I want it to. But I a/b'd it with the original and really didn't notice a hundred bucks worth of difference.
daseb

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 27, 2016 3:43 am

I just traded a Duncan Jazz and Distortion for a set of Pikes, so hopefully it will rad.
I'm gonna try new caps and pots as well, so it'll probably be apples and oranges.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby daseb » Fri May 27, 2016 4:03 am

yeah I mean it's not shit by any means at all. Just not hugely different. That tokai is one of the best guitars I've ever had for heavy music though so the stock pickups in it are obviously pretty good in the first place.
daseb

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 27, 2016 4:05 am

Tokais are rad.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear