Zvex Woolly Mammoth 7

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Zvex Woolly Mammoth 7

Postby Jwar » Sat May 14, 2016 10:25 am

I saw this on Talkbass and had to share. I cannot fucking believe the price. Are the people at Zvex smoking crack??? It's $519. For a fucking 7 knob Wooly! LOL!!! Who in the hell would buy this?? I cannot believe.

Anyway, anyone excited? lol Have any thoughts?

Description and link below.

The WM7™ features a Marshall ™ style tone stack with Bass, Mid, and Treble controls. This is a departure from the original Woolly with its single tone knob. The tone stack allows for expanded tone shaping capability. Being able to switch it in and out of the signal path makes it a valuable tool for sculpting fuzz into dense soundscapes. The tone stack is switched in and out of the circuit with the footswitch on the lower left portion of the pedal. This feature allows you to bypass the tone circuit completely. The WM7™ fuzz without EQ has its own unique voice, much different from the sound of a WM7™ with tone stack, or the single tone knob of the standard Woolly Mammoth™. The fuzz is more linear, with pronounced mid frequencies.

http://www.zvex.com/products/woolly-mammoth-7
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby frigid midget » Sat May 14, 2016 10:58 am

It's the doods buying this thing who are on crack imo :idk:

isn't this basicly a slighty hot rodded mastotron, which can be found for less than $100 used? :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Zvex Woolly Mammoth 7

Postby braaandooon » Sat May 14, 2016 11:38 am

Pretty much paying for a paint job and a name. Recently built a Fuzz Factory 7 using Raytheon transistors from the 50's and was able to complete the build for around $60. Pretty sure its not the parts as I am unaware of any high dollar mojo mosfets laying around to jack up the price.
Biggest Muff --> http://imgur.com/Tif0mdU

braaandooon

experienced
experienced

Re: Zvex Woolly Mammoth 7

Postby Dark Barn » Sat May 14, 2016 3:39 pm

I love my regular old Woolly Mammoth. I tried to resist it for a long time due to the price, but eventually found one for a great price second hand. I disagree that the Mastotron and Woolly Mammoth are the same, just very similar. Not interested in a Woolly Mammoth 7 since, besides the price, the tone knob on the regular WM works great for me.
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear