Organelle love fest

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Organelle love fest

Postby popvulture » Thu May 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Mine arrives today. Just noticed the ominous "signature required" when I checked the tracking. Might not be here.

Rage.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Thu May 05, 2016 9:38 pm

aen wrote:gotta have it.
Also gotta learn Puredata.

Actually, most people should first try Pure Data, see if they're comfortable with it and with the workflow it entails and if so, consider getting one of these.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Fri May 06, 2016 6:38 pm

oscillateur wrote:

Actually, most people should first try Pure Data, see if they're comfortable with it and with the workflow it entails and if so, consider getting one of these.

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ritz » Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Yeah but that might conflict with people's impulse gear purchase patterns!

I'm on the fence about this vs a Tocanti as my next bigish purchase. Talk about drastically opposed objects and musical design paradigms!

I don't really worry about getting into PD, I think I will geek out on it and get along with it. I'm actually more worrying about getting it for the intention of making effects patches to organically grow with the music I'm making, but then having the time spent in the coding and tweaking pulling me away from the time/energy that I have for musical creation. But it's so tempting to imaging growing effects to be just what I want and having that be a linked creative process
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby oscillateur » Sat May 07, 2016 5:41 am

ritz wrote:I'm actually more worrying about getting it for the intention of making effects patches to organically grow with the music I'm making, but then having the time spent in the coding and tweaking pulling me away from the time/energy that I have for musical creation.

That's exactly why I mentioned workflow. People here are mostly guitarists/bassists, and the way you have to work with something like Pd to make it worthwhile is drastically different from using effect pedals.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aen » Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 am

D.o.S. wrote:
oscillateur wrote:

I'll do what I want
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon May 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Modular SOMMS?

(subtitle: build your own damn joysticks)
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon May 09, 2016 2:24 pm

First impressions without going very deep at all: super, super fun to play with. I found a few initial things concerning but this is without messing with Pure Data at all yet.

-Sometimes I want more controls than what's available, but I've noticed in the patches I've downloaded that some people have gotten much more extensive by using the aux button for pages. This is reassuring. I wonder if you can control more than four parameters using a midi controller that has more than four knobs.
-The sequencer is really more of a looper. I wonder if it has quantize functions, because that would be cool. Still, it's fun as is.
-The knobs aren't very precise. It's difficult to get the tuning to land on an exact number, for example.
-I wonder if each patch has default knob settings—out of the box, the knob positions start wherever the knobs happen to be. This is a bit annoying.
-Build quality could be a concern. I don't see anything that looks shoddily made, per se, but it weighs almost nothing and this makes me wonder how fragile it is.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby toescantalk » Mon May 09, 2016 3:32 pm

I've had Organelle a while. Just to answer points:

Yes you can use knobs on external midi controllers. You can see what the Id is when you turn it in Pure data.
For effects you can also use the keys to do stuff. E.g. use the freeze function on the reverb. I like that.

Sequencer is just a pure data patch - so it can be changed.

Again, knobs can be set just to do whole numbers, specific numbers etc. Again pure data setting to have knob select from a range.

Some patches do have default settings that loadbang. That is bang / run on patch loading.

Pure Data is lots fun.

What's your noise on putting a guitar in? That's my only concern as I think it wants a line not instrument input?
toescantalk

interested
interested

Postby popvulture » Mon May 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Excellent—I figured quite a few of my wonders/concerns could easily be remedied in PD, but glad to hear that confirmed.

Haven't plugged a guitar into it yet. That's interesting though re: the input wanting line level—will have to see how that sounds.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby toescantalk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Organelle is great This is new patch today after lots of guitar effect stuff. Shocking quality of random knob twiddling and link probably won't work either:

toescantalk

interested
interested

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 pm

How are you guys still liking this? I might be near selling something I will regret down the line for one of these and I want to know what you guys think of it post honey moon phase.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Gear