MOD Duo - linux based pedal

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOD Duo - linux based pedal

Postby Strange Tales » Tue May 24, 2016 3:09 pm

I wonder if there is a point to getting this versus an Organelle. I haven't actually watched the video for this or anything yet so I'm asking as it's the first thing that popped into my head.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lola » Tue May 24, 2016 3:18 pm

Both have a close architecture. And you can use a midi keyboard on the mod duo to use that as a synth. But yet, it's not the same use.
Draw me a sheep !
Lola

committed
committed

Postby 01010111 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm waiting to see what people think about them once they come out. It looks like all the videos and advertising's geared towards using it as a fancy multi-effect not as a do-it-yourself programming box. And that's really what I want. The form-factor for this is a lot more appealing to me than the organelle, but the organelle looks really easy to use diy code with.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Wondering about this myself. Still- that multi effect would be fancy as heeeeeelllllllllll.
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby 01010111 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:21 pm

So it doesn't look like it's easy to program at all. If you're already familiar with coding in the plugin language they talk about on their website, and have experience compiling packages in Linux then you probably won't have much trouble.

It looks like they're trying to make it a lot easier and be compatible with other operating systems. But it still looks fairly complicated right now. Hopefully they make it a TON easier... There's a little how-to here:
http://lists.moddevices.com/pipermail/d ... 00001.html

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri May 27, 2016 5:52 am

Seriously?? Can you at least have people share code so you don't have to be that savy? Linux is one of the easiest OS to work with, but I have no clue about coding and that's kind of nutty they'd not have it idiot proof.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby 01010111 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:50 am

They do have a forum, and they are planning on creating a user/developer community for people to share plugins/code/whatever. I haven't really looked into the coding language yet. I was planning on just playing frankenstein with several plugins, stealing bits of code from lots of other plugins, modifying them to work together, and making weird digital glitch monsters to play with until I understood the coding language better.

I don't really like coding from scratch (whenever I do code stuff I usually steal bits and pieces of my old code to get started). If something kinda works, I want to be able to tweak it myself and make it suit my needs better. If they create a version of their effects editor that can compile/edit code in the browser editor they have for the pedal, I think they'll have a winner. If not, then I'll just wait for a more pedal-friendly version of the Organelle.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby toescantalk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:49 pm

wfs1234 wrote:f not, then I'll just wait for a more pedal-friendly version of the Organelle.

This would seem to be the thing:

http://www.rebeltech.org/products/owl-pedal/
toescantalk

interested
interested

Previous

Return to General Gear