tiny but giggable clean amp suggestions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: tiny but giggable clean amp suggestions?

Postby backwardsvoyager » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:10 am

Boxbie wrote:So what did you end up doing and how does it sound?

I just ordered a quilter 201. Feeling a little jittery, having never heard one!

i went with exactly what i posted above. i think i might have done a quick write up in the amp thread but i can't remember.
anyway the quilter is amazing. i love it. use a better cab than a bugera if you can obviously, i skimped on that part, but the clean power from those amps is awesome, you will have PLENTY of loud.
with the voice switch expect to find one setting you like and stick to it, and the hi-cut and tri-q can make very little difference depending on the sound going into it, but i kinda like that because i don't tweak it incessantly.
it's very different to other solid state amps. you can get a tube-like thing going on with the gain control but it doesn't really sound like it's trying to cop a tube amp, just sort of rounds out the boxy-ness? i dunno.
but yeah, i loved my old solid state amps to death and was pretty down about having to switch to a tiny amp when i moved, but since getting this thing i've been totally content. i hope your experience ends up being good too.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Boxbie » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Ok quilter 201 arrived. jammed with it through a quad and in sounded pretty good. I'm not used to that level of headroom at high volume. Yeah, I like it.
Boxbie

experienced
experienced

Postby neonblack » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm definitely going to end up with one of those Quilter amps. I'm currently also amp-less, but I'm going to get a Micro Terror until I have a little more extra cash.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear