Failed Pedal Lines and Companies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Failed Pedal Lines and Companies

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:40 pm

I wish Orgeldream had turned into something.

McSpunkle still around?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Hyphen Nation » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:48 pm

jwar wrote:
Hyphen Nation wrote:
jwar wrote:
echorec wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
echorec wrote:The Prescription Electronics thing was a mystery to me. They were one of the first really successful and widely available built-by-hand outfits. I think the Yardbox and Experience were many players' first encounters with the boutique market. The Throb was a Pulsar clone before EHX reissued it. They were perhaps the first of the Portland builders (pre-CBread, pre-Malekko, pre-Deville, pre-Lightfoot, etc.), and at some point they announced a name change, but seem to have disappeared from the scene. Their old HQ fuzzbox.com remains inactive.

Gone Fission and Hyphen Nation mentioned PE as well.

He's something you didn't know. I was in the works of buying PE and homie just up and decided to stop responding to me. We had emails going back and forth and then, bam, no replies. I was very close to buying the rights to everything. Oh well.

I would have had to hire people to do things, and I am glad I didn't. haha.

Well that sucks!!! Any chance of starting that convo back up? I'd throw in some $$$ to help with that venture...

Sigh. I actually tried in December and had no response. He may have shut down his email or just figured fuck it. It's whatever. Just sucks. That line would do well. It just needs some tweaking on some of the circuits. Sad thing man. I love PE.

Has anyone mentioned Earthbound Audio? Wait.....they exist again. NM. LOL

I live in PDX. Let me do some digging when I get back into town. I may be able to find out some more details.
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I wish Orgeldream had turned into something.

McSpunkle still around?

Good call re Orgeldream!

Spunky is theoretically around. Just not making so much gear.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby echorec » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Although they were more focused on synths and modification services, Diabolical Devices definitely went the way of the dinosaur. R.I.P. circuit-bent.com
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:51 am

Is Fromel still going? I bought a Shape EQ years ago and used it live for the first time ever last night. Good pedal.
Been surprised Fromel hasn't blown up like many other of the builders from the same "era". Or am I just missing out on everything?
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

PanicProne wrote:Is Fromel still going? I bought a Shape EQ years ago and used it live for the first time ever last night. Good pedal.
Been surprised Fromel hasn't blown up like many other of the builders from the same "era". Or am I just missing out on everything?

Yes they are. He just doesn't do finishes like he used to. I talked to John on the phone last year sometime and he seemed busier than ever.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby PanicProne » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:22 am

jwar wrote:
PanicProne wrote:Is Fromel still going? I bought a Shape EQ years ago and used it live for the first time ever last night. Good pedal.

Yes they are. He just doesn't do finishes like he used to. I talked to John on the phone last year sometime and he seemed busier than ever.

That's good to hear. I remember him being super nice to deal with, so cool that its still going.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby rustywire » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:43 am

PanicProne wrote:
jwar wrote:

That's good to hear. I remember him being super nice to deal with, so cool that its still going.

Fromel is exceptional to deal with. I got my Audrey Hepburn "amp candy" Shape EQ direct from him; he even let me choose the 1-off finish he did as the prototype. So my package arrives with some kind of disgusting, sticky flavored coffee residue & pungent aroma all over the bag as if a carrier spilled their starbucks. Open it up and the pedal's burlap bag stinks, the pedal itself does as well...which was the wrong finish (Fromel's picker grabbed a regular one). So crestfallen, I contact John...ship him back the wrong, soiled pedal & he sends the right one which arrives clean & shiny. No stank. He was most understanding and helpful. I still want to try his take on the Dimension C chorus but when they come up the owners always want too much.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hyenik » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:53 pm

HighDeaf1080p wrote:There once was the Bixonic Expandora...Then it got sold to some giant megaconglomerate...then there was the Bixonic Expandora II...now there is nothing.

There must be some voodoo :)
For my surprise, people don´t like expandoras so much ....but I love my uberclone ZZ Box

hyenik

interested
interested

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Dwarfcraft counts I guess, right?
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Dwarfcraft counts I guess, right?

What the fuck are you talking about?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 pm

jwar wrote:

Wasn't the company sold to Devi Ever awhile back? :idk:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 pm

The other way around. Devi Ever is back in Devi's hands now, though.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:
jwar wrote:

Wasn't the company sold to Devi Ever awhile back? :idk:

No.

They bought Devi, Devi bought it back.

Dwarfcraft never went anywhere.

;)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Did anyone mention Prescription or Schumann?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear