Failed Pedal Lines and Companies

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Failed Pedal Lines and Companies

Postby worra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:32 am

How about DMB pedals? I have one of their Lunar Echo pedals, pretty cool.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:13 am

echorec wrote:Charlie Stringer died, and so did Jon Bessent. That was what caused Snarling Dogs and Austone to fold up, so I wouldn't regard those lines as failures. I'm sure there were a couple of other small outfits with similar fates as well.
Homebrew Electronics, aka HBE. Gold UFO is still my mainstay fuzz pedal.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:31 am

lordgalvar wrote:Just dropping by to say Schumann and Prescription.

Prescription was already mentioned on the previous page. :) lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:35 am

Just making sure it was mentioned on every page.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chuckjaywalk » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 am

worra wrote:How about DMB pedals? I have one of their Lunar Echo pedals, pretty cool.

I won the Stellar Drive from a Facebook contest. I liked it. It was a Tube Screamer with a clean blend. Not the most exciting thing in the world. I believe they were former Keeley guys, like Walrus and Old Blood Noise Endeavors.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:40 am

repoman wrote:Maybe you guys could help me find a pedal that I had about 6 years ago, forgot the name and have never seen one since or been able to find out what it was-

It was a octave/sub octave synth pedal called a 'black hole' or something spacey in the name, was a bit larger, like a 1590DD, was painted black with the graphics (kinda plain geometric looking) in white if I recall correctly. I think I might have bought it from proguitarshop (but not sure)? It had about 6-7 knobs on it, maybe one was a rotary position.

It's been bugging me trying to remember that thing and haven't been able to google it correctly. I don't remember much about it except I couldn't figure out if about 4 of the knobs were even hooked up to anything...when I was trying to sell it, some guy came over and fiddledicked with it for about 15 minutes and was like WTF these knobs don't do anything.

It made synthy, sub octave, farty noises.

In the event that this never got answered and said person is still wondering, my buddy had a pedal that sounds incredibly familiar. He got his through an Etsy shop, I believe. I want to say his pedal was called the space cowboy or something similar. The pedal was hand painted and there were no labels on any of the knobs. What's definitely the most familiar thing about his and yours was the fact they were both sold as suboctave type effects and that it was difficult to discern what most of the knobs did. His also had several toggle switches, one of which was stuck/broken.

I can ask if he has anymore info on it, but as best I recall, it was a one-off builder who he couldn't find again when he looked. He couldn't get any support on what the knobs did, and when we opened it to look at the circuit, there were hardly any components save for a rat's nest of wires. :idk:

Not sure how much this all helps, but here y'are.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby culturejam » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Pete wrote:
culturejam wrote:Did anybody mention Prescription Electronics, Schumann, or Devi Ever yet?

Yeah, they've all been mentioned

I was trying to be funny because they've all been mentioned like 8 times. :lol:
Disclaimer #1: Co-Founder, Product Developer at Function f(x).
Disclaimer #3: I do sporadic, infrequent contract work for Black Arts Toneworks
Check out my photo gear on the cheap site: Tight Camera
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:01 pm

Sonic crayon fx......ooOoHhh!! Sssnapz! :p
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby infamousalien » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Wattson FX? I always wanted to try their Super Fuzz. Demos sound great.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:33 am

comesect2.0 wrote:Sonic crayon fx......ooOoHhh!! Sssnapz! :p

Sonic Crayon can be a huge success if cloudscapes wants it to. I wouldn't call it a failed company. He just seems to enjoy making the pedals really detailed aesthetically, which takes forever, which then again means he's too busy to make them. Vicious circle. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:35 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Sonic crayon fx......ooOoHhh!! Sssnapz! :p

Sonic Crayon can be a huge success if cloudscapes wants it to. I wouldn't call it a failed company. He just seems to enjoy making the pedals really detailed aesthetically, which takes forever, which then again means he's too busy to make them. Vicious circle. :lol:

I know...thought it was too much of a dick comment but wouldn't let me delete....jussst a lame joke :group:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 am

The ever disappearing and reappearing Holowon/The Syle. Not sure what it is about that guy but he makes rad dirt pedals in hand painted goofy handwriting enclosures. Probably THE most inconsistent pedal maker I have come across whether its production, design quality, social media, falling off the face of the planet . . . But i'll be damned if I get rid of my Furr Fuzz.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 am

Holowon had a few employees at some point too. I think he announced that on a webpage before they disappeared again.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:57 am

Yeah he had a small team of four or so. I had a positive experience communicating with them and doing a few demos for them as well. It seemed like they were on the up and up and then their website got stolen or held hostage by the service they were using or something. They could have easily run stuff through social media/reverb shop though.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Jwar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 am

We need a master list! This shit is eye opening. I didn't know about half these companies being gone.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear