New Strymon products

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New Strymon products

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Bump for questions, and maybe first hand experience. How are people liking these? I'm researching every nook and cranny of the Internet looking for my next power supply. I'm curious about the Ojai. I'd run my high draw pedals isolated then everything else daisy chained off the last output. I run 8-10 pedals normally, so that's 4 isolated then a chain of 4-6 low draw stuff. Seem like a good plan? I like how tiny it is for when I set up the tiny board with just the essentials.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:58 pm

I'm in the same boat as PeeTee.
:snax:
High five for remembering this thread, dude.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MannequinRaces » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:47 am

I recently bought an Ojai, cost $150 and will be buying a Zuma when it releases in September to power the rest of my board (I run around 15 max). Some background info; before buying the Ojai I had never owned a proper power supply before and was using a One Spot and wall warts for my various pedals. I'm very impressed with A) how small the unit actually is B) how much quieter my dirt pedals are. I know there's tons of power supplies on the market but decided to go with Strymon because they make good quality stuff and I want to 'future proof' my pedal power because as DSP based pedals get more powerful they will require more juice and I want to be ready! :) It should be noted that the Ojai does not have selectable volts for the individual outs (so they're all 9V) but the Zuma has two (adjustable from 9V, 12V, and 18V). Let me know if there are any questions and I'll try my best to answer them.
Quirky music for quirky people can be found at http://mannequinraces.bandcamp.com/!
elbandito wrote:I returned it a month later because drummers don't like to count
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:41 am

That's awesome. Thanks for the info! I completely agree with your "future proofing." If there is one thing I know, it's that in the future I will use different pedals than I do now, and I want to be able to power them easily. I guess I'll need to seriously consider these.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 am

I'm gonna make some calculations, but the ojai seems to be exactly what I need. The one thing I'm worried about is the Timebender. It asks for a ridiculous amount of mA and AC power. I recall reading about the power thing and I think a digitech person said it runs of DC too. It'd be nice if digitechrep or pd confirmed :)
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:24 am

In still aiming for a Walrus Audio Phoenix, seems like the best bang for your buck. :idk:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:27 am

Brandsmannen wrote:Why can't they release a standalone for the destroyer setting on the mobius :/ I think strymon makes bad ass stuff, at least the el cap, flint and timeline/big sky all seem super cool. They just need something new I feel.

I feel you exactly. Love the TimeLine on my board and I use mostly on the el cap setting, other settings are much more random. But there are only 2 modes I think are cool on the big sky and of course the destroyer. I'd be all over a pedal based off of those algorithms.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MannequinRaces » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Brandsmannen wrote:I'm gonna make some calculations, but the ojai seems to be exactly what I need. The one thing I'm worried about is the Timebender. It asks for a ridiculous amount of mA and AC power. I recall reading about the power thing and I think a digitech person said it runs of DC too. It'd be nice if digitechrep or pd confirmed :)

The power supply that comes with the Timebender is 1300mA so I don't think the Ojai would be able to power it.
Quirky music for quirky people can be found at http://mannequinraces.bandcamp.com/!
elbandito wrote:I returned it a month later because drummers don't like to count
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MannequinRaces » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:31 pm

PeteeBee wrote:That's awesome. Thanks for the info! I completely agree with your "future proofing." If there is one thing I know, it's that in the future I will use different pedals than I do now, and I want to be able to power them easily. I guess I'll need to seriously consider these.

They are a bit pricey, and being a new product don't know how well they'll hold up, I think they're a very viable option in the crowded market of PSUs..
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MannequinRaces » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Inconuucl wrote:In still aiming for a Walrus Audio Phoenix, seems like the best bang for your buck. :idk:

Great value for the money, only four 300mA outputs though (which might be plenty for most folks).
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:47 am

MannequinRaces wrote:
Brandsmannen wrote:I'm gonna make some calculations, but the ojai seems to be exactly what I need. The one thing I'm worried about is the Timebender. It asks for a ridiculous amount of mA and AC power. I recall reading about the power thing and I think a digitech person said it runs of DC too. It'd be nice if digitechrep or pd confirmed :)

The power supply that comes with the Timebender is 1300mA so I don't think the Ojai would be able to power it.

Yeah, I know. But often they mark up the power ratings incredibly much just to be sure. The eventide space says it needs 1200mA but the power supply they send with is 500mA.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MannequinRaces » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Brandsmannen wrote:
MannequinRaces wrote:

Yeah, I know. But often they mark up the power ratings incredibly much just to be sure. The eventide space says it needs 1200mA but the power supply they send with is 500mA.

Wonder why they do that? You would think what the manufacture says it needs is what they would send with it. :idk:
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:32 pm

dude I messaged digitech about this as well and got nothing,

I will always have a wall wart or have to buy a truetone power supply
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:58 pm

It's definitely my intention to get a Zuma when it releases. I'll report back. I may need to get a pair of Ojais too, but I'm going to start by just running a daisychain from one jack on the Zuma for all my low-draw pedals and see how it goes.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby coupleonapkins » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:36 am

hbombgraphics wrote:

dude I messaged digitech about this as well and got nothing,

I will always have a wall wart or have to buy a truetone power supply

Anyone PM digitechrep yet? :snax:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear