Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the modulator masses

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am

;)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:07 am

A little expensive (especially if you're not in EU)?

https://reverb.com/item/11023620-eowave ... ring-o-bug

:idk:

Looks :love: though.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Those knobs say European styling to me for some reason...like out of a Saab or something.

Always wanted both of those...but they are always kind priced like that (last eowave I almost got, dude said "not worth the cost to ship to America"
"And how much is that"
"Too much")
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:27 am

I had a true bypass looper with feedback looper made to keep the Moogerfooger out of my chain when not in use and ring mod + feedback looper is basically my new favourite thing in the universe.....
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 am

You got any clips of that in action? :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:14 pm

retinal orbita wrote:I had a true bypass looper with feedback looper made to keep the Moogerfooger out of my chain when not in use and ring mod + feedback looper is basically my new favourite thing in the universe.....

Chankgeez wrote:You got any clips of that in action? :snax:

:love: :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Here's some ring modulator to hold us over until then (skip to 3:39):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUv3Thk9RB8
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:25 am

Calling out the great lordgalvar for the amazing avatar. (This post is technically not off topic because everybody knows "galvar = ring mod". If you don't know this, you need to go back to ring mod school and buy your books brand new.)

P.S. If anybody is thinking of getting that Monobius (it's called THE MONSTER though, sorry Curtis.), DO IT! Not pumping and dumping cause it's on my never sell roster (which actually isn’t a great metric from me :lol: so I’ll say…top 5 pedals of all time for me. Scratches so many itches. Or it scratches serious itches. 'Itches' from crabs are are a lot more serious than 'itches' from athletes foot. Keeping with the RMA Theme, is scratches the crabs itch :crab: )
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 am

Chankgeez wrote:Here's some ring modulator to hold us over until then (skip to 3:39):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUv3Thk9RB8

That was great - don’t know her music but I loved her video.

I’m recording some stuff here or there - going for the “Forbidden Planet” type vibe. I’ll post here when I have some stuff. Basically I’m using 2-3 ring mods, a gristleizer and a delay and sometimes some distortion and playing bass.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:56 am

retinal orbita wrote:I’m recording some stuff here or there - going for the “Forbidden Planet” type vibe. I’ll post here when I have some stuff. Basically I’m using 2-3 ring mods, a gristleizer and a delay and sometimes some distortion and playing bass.

"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:09 am

Dude, that demo is so trippy. haha.

Love the shout out to EQD too. How many monies you think they got paid for that? ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:12 am

Galvanic reaction.

Good to hear the monster is treating you well!

I was playing around with one last night in preparation for an upcoming show. The bandpass filter utilized in these is wah inspired, which is to say that it's a passive inductor based tuning element and not a VCF of some sort. Anyway, on this build I have included an expression input jack that will bypass the tuning knob and allow the use of a treadle for hands free stupidity. On a whim, and full well knowing it'll come up once this feature is introduced to the wild, I plugged a signal cable from the Matrise (which was only doing interwoven Monobius to begin with) and lo and behold I discovered some tearing AM noise mayhem (similar to some of the native feedback designed into your Monster).
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 am

This page & this entire thread. :love: :snax: :love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 pm

YOU SICK FUCKS! IT'S COMING! HOLD ON TIGHT!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg7LXZSl8GU ... =addpedals
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 pm

$harkToootth wrote:YOU SICK FUCKS! IT'S COMING! HOLD ON TIGHT!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg7LXZSl8GU ... =addpedals

Wut is this? Dying
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear