Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the modulator masses

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ring (and/or Balanced) Modulation for the masses

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:43 am

I'll grab one of those eventually. :D :snax:

Also, just noticed they build a ring mod:

https://reverb.com/item/50440435-touellskouarn-blokan

Blokañ is built around on the classic diode ring, where the diodes are tube based. The module uses a built in carrier signal (triangle wave) VCO (V/Oct) with is own output. In use the tube ring mod acts like a real ringmod with the benefit of sounding different from others due to the tubes usage, but it can be also on the noisy side, as the diodes in the tube can’t be matched, and it can leak a little the carrier wave, "it's not a bug, it's a feature “.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:07 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:54 pm

Screaming deal, that.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:16 pm

:erm: what are the chances for a new one, again? :erm: :hug:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:00 pm

Dandolin wrote::erm: what are the chances for a new one, again? :erm: :hug:

The chances exist, are in fact highly probable. I've been operating in a mental fog the past couple of years, once I dig through the backlog of unmet commitments I'll make sure more surface.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:11 pm

crochambeau wrote:
Dandolin wrote::erm: what are the chances for a new one, again? :erm: :hug:

The chances exist, are in fact highly probable. I've been operating in a mental fog the past couple of years, once I dig through the backlog of unmet commitments I'll make sure more surface.

i'ma hang tight then! :joy:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:55 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:58 am

before my eyes made it all the way right i was like :snax: ...then i was like :lol:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:05 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:06 pm

anybody ever pick up one of these?

https://reverb.com/item/53278538-cg-pro ... 020-silver

Seems like an OK priced compared to new from builder. :idk: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:30 pm

"lightly used?" m'bruh that looks like it was subject to the short-form spanish inquisition with a st chrisobal medal purchased in a Bushwick pawn :wha?:

but to your question, i do - scored a v.1 (overpaid, really, considering how close it was to v.2 release :cry: ) - but sadly, it was post-Grime daze :hug:

from comments on here, i have reason to believe lg does too (a v2) or he had access to one but really :idk: about that one....

i love mine, only having momentary sadz when i realize i could be gettin' even more outta a v2...astounding clean bellz imo with more high freq zing than the moogerfooger or RR.

:snax: :snax: :snax:

that's a v1, btw

v2 straight outta Berlin here for those who want to compare: https://reverb.com/item/29907224-xr1-e- ... oscillator
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:34 pm

:thumb:

I like that it allegedly takes 6 AA batteries? :erm: :?: :lol:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 pm

yeah, useful for when you've gotta megapile of NOS AAs and not enuff remotes to cut down on the backlog.... :p
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:31 am

just got a good deal on a Pladask Feber. Have and love my Fairfield RR but have always loved the sounds and idea of the Feber. Was planning on comparing and selling the one i liked least.

So far I haven't had that much time with the Feber but it definitely seems to have a lot more range to the sound sit can do. I really like the band control and how it can highlight different parts of the signal.
I think I like the core sound of the RR more? But really enjoy the harmonic trem/vibey settings on the Feber and how the s/h modulation works with those settings.

Anyway....I am having fun!
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:51 am

it's a shame there can be only one - that's two fine pedals with enough distinction b/w 'em to get into fer the long haul :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear