Purple LED clipping?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Purple LED clipping?

Postby lost in music » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:00 am

noice!
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby decomposing » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Inconuucl wrote:Make a rainbow fuzz with all of the colors. And a knob that crossfades between them. :!!!:

this sounds cool actually
learned the megalith is a EDIT: ORANGE LED
wonder what's in the supercollider?
oh and make a pink LED muff too.
Last edited by decomposing on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:55 pm

The Turbo Rat uses LED clipping right? If so, then LED clipping kicks ass.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Yes & Yes. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby decomposing » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:12 am

bigchiefbc wrote:The Turbo Rat uses LED clipping right? If so, then LED clipping kicks ass.

the LED option on my supercollider opens that beast up to new levels
same with the iron pig, though I like germ option to get some grit
can you do a spectrum as one clipping option?

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 am

decomposing wrote:can you do a spectrum as one clipping option?

Do you mean the rainbow array from an RGB LED? That's just three discrete colors that are mixed via PWM.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby decomposing » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:14 am

well I guess I meant maybe a rotary with them all on a blend?
new to circuits
got a clone of a megalith where the dude put the clippers on 2 switches with 3 options each so there's a lot of options

(((trades>>>

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:38 am

In my supper modded big muff (6-way diode switch for each diode) I have the option for an IR LED in the first diode and Green LED in the second.
I don't really notice a massive difference between them. :idk:

So, do different LEDs make a big difference in how a fuzz sounds? I question that it makes a difference in a way that'll be audible beyond playing alone, at home, with all your fancy gear and nothing else going on, but I'm curious as to whether a certain LED (like a white one) could be so drastically different from a Red one that you can actually hear that difference.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 am

jrfox92 wrote:In my supper modded big muff

Making a meal out of it, eh? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 am

jrfox92 wrote:So, do different LEDs make a big difference in how a fuzz sounds?

The clipping diode has a variable authority over the output of the circuit. Some circuits are going to be more diode centric than others, kind of like how the guitar player in a three piece defines a much bigger slice of the pie than one in a nine piece with bongo playing back-up singers.

You don't even need a diode to create a fuzz pedal, so in the big scheme of things changing them around is really going to hinge on the rest of the circuit.

And if you're playing with fourteen other pedals going all at once, "the rest of the circuit" sort of extends to them as well.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:10 pm

crochambeau wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:So, do different LEDs make a big difference in how a fuzz sounds?

The clipping diode has a variable authority over the output of the circuit. Some circuits are going to be more diode centric than others, kind of like how the guitar player in a three piece defines a much bigger slice of the pie than one in a nine piece with bongo playing back-up singers.
You don't even need a diode to create a fuzz pedal, so in the big scheme of things changing them around is really going to hinge on the rest of the circuit.
And if you're playing with fourteen other pedals going all at once, "the rest of the circuit" sort of extends to them as well.

Well put :thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:30 pm

I think I wanna be

crochambeau wrote:... in a nine piece with bongo playing back-up singers.

:lol: :idk:

I'm pretty stoked to try out the different colors.

As pickletech suggested, the orange/amber seems nice. Of course, purple. UV and pink are also high on my list. :D
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cherler » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm wondering if you end up with a voltage drop around 3.7V how much clipping you'll even get. It might just effectively be a wide open circuit.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:30 pm

I guess I'll find out. :idk:

Danny said he threw a bunch of different color LEDs in the box w/ the pedal. So, I've got lots to test with right away.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear