Multi input/multi output mixer?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Multi input/multi output mixer?

Postby Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 pm

I need a thingy that will take 2-3 inputs and put it out in a stereo output. Like, my chain has a looper that goes totally clean and another chain that has a bunch of delays, and i want them to meet up at the end and both go into two separate amps. Is there a thing that exists like this? Or is this a thing that's easily made?
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!

committed
committed

Re: Multi input/multi output mixer?

Postby oscillateur » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Why don't you buy a small mixer, like the Mackie Mix5 for example ? small and probably buch better quality than any pedal that would try to do the same thing...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 pm

oscillateur wrote:Why don't you buy a small mixer, like the Mackie Mix5 for example ? small and probably buch better quality than any pedal that would try to do the same thing...

I was thinking of that but i kinda want something much smaller to fit on my board yeh
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!

committed
committed

Postby crochambeau » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:54 pm

In terms of small stuff there are passive summing mixers out there in two x 4 into 1 configuration, but that doesn't allow panning. There are also micro mixers, and while I've never been fond of their sound quality you'd probably be looking at more bang for your buck going with something from a mass produced angle.

Decent (though limited) mix circuitry could be shoehorned into a pedal sized enclosure, but I think that would probably entail paying someone honest wages... which could be challenging in the face of stuff like the aforementioned Mackie, or the Behringer rip-off that's even cheaper.

Sometimes you've got to follow your ears though.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 am

u could try to look for a midiman (pre m-audio) mixer or rolls and art pro make a few different flavors
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:36 am

I'm thinking another looper that functions as an ABY with all the bells and whistles like buffered, transformer isolated, polarity switchable outputs would suit you best.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear