Delay For Shoegaze

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Delay For Shoegaze

Postby neonblack » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:04 pm

I liked the Accountant for gazin'. Adds some nice sparkle and plenty sustain. And it's tiny so there's more room for more gaze.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Anyone have that Obscura digitech delay thingy? Hows it sound? Curious.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:46 am

I don't know if anyone said it but use a PS-2 or PS-3. I use two PS-2's and recently I got a pitchfactor and moved one of my PS-2's onto my synth board and shit makes everything over the top washy gaze. Especially if you tune manually to a 5th and play some really nice 7 and add9/add11 chords with a fuckton of fuzz (or grindy distortion in my case).
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby frigid midget » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:08 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Anyone have that Obscura digitech delay thingy? Hows it sound? Curious.

I was looking at the obscura myself. Most analog-ish delays sound either too mushy and dark to cut through a mix, or they're too glassy and clear and unmusical sounding imo. Guess I'm picky :idk:

Anyway, that's why I'm eying the Obscura. Love the tone/degrade control. Also, the stereo ins/outs are nice, and there's not too many comact delays like this that can do tap tempo, though I haven't looked into how it actually works on the Obscura. It's also not yet clear to me if the Obscura suffers from the same thing as the RV-7: The analog/lofi/tape modes sounded REALLY similar imo. It's been out for a while now, I'm sure someone here can answer that, right? :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ev_O))) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:02 pm

sergiomunoz74 wrote:I don't know if anyone said it but use a PS-2 or PS-3. I use two PS-2's and recently I got a pitchfactor and moved one of my PS-2's onto my synth board and shit makes everything over the top washy gaze. Especially if you tune manually to a 5th and play some really nice 7 and add9/add11 chords with a fuckton of fuzz (or grindy distortion in my case).

I've been using my count to 5 for exactly this purpose lately (though in addition to a Maude and timefactor) by tuning it to a 5th or Octave (up or down) in Mode 1 and having the delay time set at the kind of glitchy/rhythmic side of the dial. If you can get this with a fine tuneable delay then I say a PS-2 would be a cool choice.
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby Dungus » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:49 am

Do reverb. Check out the new Caroline Meteore. It's sooper gaze.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby onyxrhino » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:55 am

sergiomunoz74 wrote:I don't know if anyone said it but use a PS-2 or PS-3. I use two PS-2's and recently I got a pitchfactor and moved one of my PS-2's onto my synth board and shit makes everything over the top washy gaze. Especially if you tune manually to a 5th and play some really nice 7 and add9/add11 chords with a fuckton of fuzz (or grindy distortion in my case).

Could you elaborate? The PS-2 isn't supposed to be polyphonic. When I had mine, I discovered that I could play basic chords and get a subtle octave with it sometimes, but it sounds like this effect you are talking about is really prominent even when you play complex chords? Is that right?
onyxrhino

experienced
experienced

Postby popvulture » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Bitquest. The delay setting is great, but the reverb is mega gaze toanz, clean or fuzz.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby louderthangod » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Dungus wrote:Do reverb. Check out the new Caroline Meteore. It's sooper gaze.

That thing looks great...I'm not sure how long I can resist buying one. I'm trying to decide if I want to get that, mod one of my amps, get a tape echo repaired or get another guitar, get a ribbon mic, get a LDC mic or some combination of those things. Always more gear projects than money.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby Dungus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 pm

louderthangod wrote:

That thing looks great...I'm not sure how long I can resist buying one. I'm trying to decide if I want to get that, mod one of my amps, get a tape echo repaired or get another guitar, get a ribbon mic, get a LDC mic or some combination of those things. Always more gear projects than money.

It's the second next pedal I'm getting, love the distorted wet signal and the havoc switch. It'll sound amazing with fuzz.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby louderthangod » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Dungus wrote:
louderthangod wrote:

It's the second next pedal I'm getting, love the distorted wet signal and the havoc switch. It'll sound amazing with fuzz.

The Havoc switch really put it over the top as a must buy for me. I've been big on expression pedals lately. I've been doing long form, improvised ambient doom/drone and having movement in an effect is really important.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby repoman » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:00 pm

The pladask elektrisk gjengangar is pretty nifty.

https://pladaskelektrisk.com/product/gjengangar/

its a gated delay with an effects loop and threshold so you can have all kinds of weird effects and runnaway feedback thats acutally controllable depending on your playing dynamics. Cheap too (minus shipping).
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chuckjaywalk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:25 am

repoman wrote:The pladask elektrisk gjengangar is pretty nifty.

https://pladaskelektrisk.com/product/gjengangar/

its a gated delay with an effects loop and threshold so you can have all kinds of weird effects and runnaway feedback thats acutally controllable depending on your playing dynamics. Cheap too (minus shipping).

Goddamn, that's sexy!!! I could definitely get behind one of those.

Currently, I am doing a shootout between the Hungry Robot Moby Dick, Catalinbread Belle Epoch, Boss DSD-2, and PS-2. Probably going to keep 2. Reverb is firmly my beloved Boss RV-2, though I do need something true bypass to put pre-fuzz.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Never heard of those Hungry Robot pedals, that delay they have sounds really really nice.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chuckjaywalk » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:25 am

repoman wrote:Never heard of those Hungry Robot pedals, that delay they have sounds really really nice.

Yeah, I had to get it as soon as I heard it. I've got the Low Gain overdrive on the way, too.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear