mwfx still in business?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: mwfx still in business?

Postby Jwar » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Man you guys are haters! HATERS I tell you!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Watch demos, steal settings, profit!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:05 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Watch demos, steal settings, profit!

But, but...that's just too logical...:)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:31 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Watch demos, steal settings, profit!

Does yours distort at all?? Mine is and I'm wondering if it's a grounding issue with another pedal. I have the same issue with my Chase Bliss.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:32 am

Like I'm watching your demo and it's super clean. Mine doesn't sound like that...

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:48 am

I'm a very gentle player (and lover). It reacts differently to frequencies as well as how much volume you blast into it, so...weak strat vs probably some mean bass you're playing will give very different results.
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:50 am

AHHH that makes sense. Ok. I play an active bass too, which probably doesn't help. LOL!

Side note, I want the Trem and Glitch so bad. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:51 am

Probably not! :lol:

I want a glitcherrrrrr toooo!!! :drool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 am

I'm torn here though. Do I wait for the eventual metal version or do the wood? The wood ones look cool as fuck, but the metal would be more pedalboard friendly.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:02 pm

jwar wrote:I'm torn here though. Do I wait for the eventual metal version or do the wood? The wood ones look cool as fuck, but the metal would be more pedalboard friendly.

Been waiting on the metal one for months, I expect it to drop any day, all judders are out of stock at the moment with only the trem and wooden glitch still in, so my fingers are crossed that the next re-stock will include the metal glitchez for us bitchez.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Played with it a bit more today and I have to say, I like the more subtle tones it gets. The ones that are kind of a mix between delay and stutter. It does that really well. I found one setting earlier that was crazy as shit. I do like how an expression pedal literally changes the entire dynamic of the pedal.

I need some more time to dive it. It seems like there's a lot going on with this thing. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby peaches » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:18 pm

chrisdermo wrote:metal glitchez for us bitchez.

need me some of that
peaches

committed
committed

Postby PlasticPeople » Mon May 16, 2016 2:07 pm

jwar wrote:I do like how an expression pedal literally changes the entire dynamic of the pedal.

Yeah, it really turns it into a whole 'nother beast IMO. Especially if you have an expression pedal that you can set min/max values on.

I've been having a lot of fun pairing it with my Source Audio Reflex. In the layer mode I like setting the toe value at a 1/8 note "delay time" and the heel value at 1/4 notes. A glitch pedal that can double as an expression-modulated delay? Hell yes!

In the Judder mode I've been applying the same principle to manipulate the pitch of a drone that's trapped in the Judder's feedback loop. With longer sample rates, you can do double/half time stuff with the bitcrushed looping, too.
Everything makes sense when you look at it from another way.
PlasticPeople

interested
interested

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu May 26, 2016 11:32 pm

jwar wrote:Hey does anyone have any cool settings they wouldn't mind sharing for the Judder?

I was working with the Judder today processing some tracks using the judder as a kinda glitchy/granular looper and thought of this thread, i'll attach a photo but

to start
Hold 5-7
LPF to taste
Mix 8
LFO 0

Toggles
Judder Mode
Static
Long
Envelope
Auto 1

BPM dial tweak close to 112 to find where repeats are played back same as original.

With tracks/song playing through it, and depending on the material, turning up the LFO knob will trigger it and an infinite? loop will start if the LFO knob is turned up high enough. The LED will light up solid, until its retriggered and a new loop starts. The LED flashes when that happens so its a good visual aid. By wigglin the LFO knob right around the range that its being triggered you can get your loops to glitch out real nice. Use the mix knob to blend the levels between the repeats and the source to get it sounding of a whole...around 8 was pretty nice with my levels, on up to 10 to hear just the loops playing.

Once you've got triggering loops you can use the Momentary stomp to retrigger them instead of turning the LFO knob.

Then try going through the Hold knobs range to see how it affects things. And then the BPM knob to distort things, and you can bring it back to 112.

Back at original setting, put it in Auto 2, and you see how its kinda backwards...starting with the LFO knob up at 10 turning it down until it triggers and Loops start.

Then try it in LFO mode with LFO knob at 0 and things get super glitchy. Turning up the LFO knob to see how that goes.

Go back to original setting so its looping or glitching or whatever and turn Judder off, then stomp/hold down the Momentary knob to engage the effect.

Once you're good an familiar with all that might as well try it out in Layer and Stutter mode to see how things go.

Modulate and Short do their thing too.

If you keep a single loop going, i'm pretty sure over time it starts to degrade, you might need to mess with the BPM knob to introduce some noise first.

Ok, that's all probably pretty obvious stuff but hope its helpful for someone. It's certainly one thing the Judder does and maybe a good way to familiarize with it. Once you are familiar with how its gonna respond try playing your instrument through it etc.
Attachments
191a8ebf-cf0f-420c-a723-049dc5b6f528.jpg
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri May 27, 2016 2:25 am

here i recorded a little clip to illustrate what those setting sound like. its some learning to count 10 youtube video where they just, count to ten...i used this same video when I was figuring out how the Make Noise Phonogene worked when you cut up and rearrange the sample....god i must have spent hours listening to this guys voice. pretty simple and you can definitely hear whats was going on.
https://clyp.it/rcn02dsg
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear