R2DU? Double Rat Rack Footswitch?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

R2DU? Double Rat Rack Footswitch?

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:28 pm

So I'm having issues with getting this rat that I just bought for 50 bucks up and running. I really would like to get it going and I took it to a shop and they want to charge me 170 bucks to change the dang power to get it working or so he says because he cant seem to turn it on either because he has no foot pedal to turn it on anyway. So I know it just uses a DIN footswitch and I'm trying to find a pedal that will possibly work with it to see if it even turns on.

Anyone have experience with these, I just want some viscous double rat tones. Help me, and if the electric socket isn't working I want to try and replace it, but my soldering skills are weak right now as I'm barely starting to learn.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Re: R2DU? Double Rat Rack Footswitch?

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Footswitch schematic here: http://webpages.charter.net/daosmun/r2du.htm
Should have been the standard RPS-1 pedal power adapter back in the day. The modern slim version with the correct mini jack, as used on Rat pedals and older Dunlop, MXR, and DOD. http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Co-Battery-El ... B0002GZLYM Oh, and I just use a 1 Spot with included adapter for my Rat. Not a lot of current draw needed per Pro Co's specs.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear