Rochambeau Musical Apparatus Dirty Doper

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Rochambeau Musical Apparatus Dirty Doper

Postby crochambeau » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:03 pm

lordgalvar wrote:Congrats on the Shark Tank!

Thanks! I'm told there's currently a bug afoot (posting rights), and I'm powerless to get guts on my new shoes, but it'll come around in time.

I'm going to make model specific threads based on being able to immediately drop one into a box and trot it down to the post office, hence my somewhat boring beginning there...

...though I really should shoot video of the booster, it's neither clean or overly polite. It's just not warped or out to kill.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 pm

So, I've had a few hours of testing this beast now and I can only say that I'm very, very pleased with it! From the lowest of lows on bass (so killer on bass, for real), to metal zone-like riffs settings, to tremolo, to modulated fuzz, to sharp synth tones, high gain with string clarity on chords, and artifacts (percussive clocking noise, modulated humming, white noise etc), this pedal exceeded all of my expectations. It's extremely responsive to dynamic playing, both tone and volume knobs and PU selection. The volume knob especially makes a world of difference. I was just now playing some pretty gritty riffs (both initial gain and stability knob cranked) and rolled back the volume only to find the best clean tone I've ever heard. I was blown away. So crisp and present. Made my PU's come alive like I've never heard them. If I strummed really hard it just made it break up a little bit (if this is that Klon-sound people are going apeshit for, I understand why). I was blown away and had to top this thread before going to bed.

I will try to make a demo soon, because thing needs to be heard more! Killer fucking pedal! :rock: :!!!:

edit: and how loud is this thing? There's so much volume on tap. If you thought DBAs and MASFs were loud, you're in for a treat. I hardly think I've taken the volume knob past 10 o'clock,

And, just look at this beauty :drool:

NSFW: show
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:59 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:edit: and how loud is this thing? There's so much volume on tap. If you thought DBAs and MASFs were loud, you're in for a treat. I hardly think I've taken the volume knob past 10 o'clock

Whee, so chuffed you (and everyone else) has been happy with it. Makes me eager to dive into building a few more... :!!!: :omg: :joy: :omg: :!!!:

Regarding volume, the absolute amplitude on tap does have a limit.. and you MIGHT be getting near it at 10 o'clock. It all sort of hinges on what settings you have dialed and the strength of your instrument. I opted to go with a linear taper in the volume pot position because it offered more useful upper travel in some of the *low* output quirky corners (stirring the pit with stability full CW, voicing switch full down - IIRC). There is a final transistor stage post volume control though, so even if you run into the power ceiling at noon, you'll pick up more grit as you keep turning.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:34 am

dude, just want to say that those sounds are crushing and those finishes are fucking sweet.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzonaut » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:08 am

fuzzonaut wrote:
neonblack wrote:God, I am still so pissed I wasn't paying attention to this a few months ago.

THE WORLD NEEDS MORE DIRTY DOPERS!!!!
Please!
Looks and sounds brilliant. :love:
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:23 am

Neon done sent it out, it will be in my dirty dopin' paws tomorrow I CANNOT WAIT
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:17 am

To be clear, I didn't flip it. This was a joint purchase. Danny paid, I ordered :lol:
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:37 am

Once I'm done with a damn car (seriously, almost willing to try and fuck it to get it to run reliably) I have a date with some soldering fumes, I think I've been out of the dirty doper trench long enough to miss it.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby univalve » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:29 pm

This Pedal is the shit. So much texture, different Levels of it melting. Awesome.
Thank you for making this.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:25 am

univalve wrote:This Pedal is the shit. So much texture, different Levels of it melting. Awesome.
Thank you for making this.

No truer words... I love this thing. Just too much good in it.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby univalve » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:24 pm

What happenec to the Shark Tank? I wanted more rochambeau stuff...
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:27 pm

You can follow him on facebook, Uni. And he has a reverb store, too.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:19 pm

univalve wrote:What happenec to the Shark Tank? I wanted more rochambeau stuff...

No idea! That's weird. Tom did send out invoices recently to re-up your Shark Tank, but he hasn't had one that long, so I wouldn't think he'd have to pay??
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Did the shark tank vanish? I still see it: viewforum.php?f=270

I want say my initiation date is in November, so I expect to renew then. If anyone is still having issues please let me know and I'll bug Tom. I'd kind of like to have him set the forum so other people can start threads, but I'm shy and don't like getting pushy.

:picard:

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:54 pm

univalve wrote:What happenec to the Shark Tank? I wanted more rochambeau stuff...

What would you like? I'm about to spit out a two knob standard gain Tetanus Booster, but can custom run anything you like.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear