Lofi glitch sources

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Lofi glitch sources

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Come jump on the hype train! :zen:

Need Knobs demo to complete required action.

How about an Eivind demo? :poke:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:26 pm

:p
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Oops
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:05 pm

:D
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm

I've got one of those cheapie Donner Time Maker delays; when you turn the delay time knob, instead of a smooth transition, it kinda jumps to the new time. Quick turns of the knob will also somtimes yield little digital chirps. Back and forth quick turns coupled with fast tapping of the tap tempo confuses it and you end up getting glitchy nonsense spit back at you. Fun stuff!
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby aen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Inconuucl wrote:You have a possessed: set the sample size small enough and make it so it does it not too often, then set the mix low and that's your ticket.

So Smrt
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Hahah, wow, I checked the forum on a break...
from cutting up glitched out drum machine improvs into sampler size pieces :)

So yeah, uh, I do glitches in layers. I found that recording live (and "free") and then cutting in the computer makes sure times don't match up and your smart ass loop ideas get funkled.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:39 pm

I just skimmed through this thread and wanted to second the MS-70 CDR recommendation. One of my most recent presets utilizing the analog chorus sim (in stereo mode) and reverse reverb sounds broken and warbly in a fabulous way.

After having owned both the Hotone Krush and Malekko Scrutator, I am of the mind that the latter of the two is decidedly an upgrade. Still, while the Krush lacked the capacity for fine tuning gritty nuances, the phonograph mode could generate quirky crackles of beauty.

The Malekko Charlie Foxtrot is interesting, but doesn't produce consistent enough results in most modes to successfully play in a particular key, i.e, pitches modulate in a random and unpredictable manner. Also, there is comb filtering in the 1:30 to 2:45 range of the mix knob. I typically keep it set at a low mix level and utilize it as part of a warped tape texture recipe.

My latest glitchy addition was a Subdecay Starlight MKII Flanger, which offers all sorts of bizarro, warbly slicing effects in its less vanilla LFO modes. The manual knob can also affect pitch in real time when manipulated.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:09 am

Lofi glitches underneath guitar playing manual 101:

1) Record loop onto bastl microgranny
2) play microgranny through a stereo in pedal or something, record it into a looper
3) ???
4) no profits probably, but it is fun
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 am

fcknoise wrote:Lofi glitches underneath guitar playing manual 101:

1) Record loop onto bastl microgranny
2) play microgranny through a stereo in pedal or something, record it into a looper
3) ???
4) no profits probably, but it is fun

I wanted a small midi foot controller to use the micro granny with,then separate it on its own loop with a pretty years after it.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:17 pm

ugh - can't believe it's been five years since this thread thrived. glitch feels a bit more hi-fi and mainstream these days, but i'm still listenin' and schemin' ways to get stuff to glitch even (especially) if it's not designed to.... :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Dandolin wrote:but i'm still listenin' and schemin' ways to get stuff to glitch even (especially) if it's not designed to.... :snax:

Just reminiscing about this earlier. Thinking about how interesting certain old Boss pedals were when you did things with them they likely weren't designed to do. Like the 2 second loops the RV-3 and PS-3 had, and they got all glitchy and dropped sections out of the loop when you turned the delay time. Probably an error on the chip and not an intentional function but pretty rad in the end. The DD-2 and early model DD-3 (with the long chip) did pitch changing oscillations when altering delay time, sadly the revised models were compromised with upgraded circuitry that removed such funsies.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:50 am

yass! something so very satisfying about coaxing a glitch, even a well-documented one, out of a pedal not designed for it....
delays are obviously central to this, but i've also grown to love confusing envelope-based fx with ill-conceived inputs like freeze pedals :snax:
also, not that there are many of'em, but multui-mode pedals with any kind of external control over mode are fun :yay:
aso, obvi, given the title of the thread, i enjoy glitching the Boss/Digitech/Whathaveyou decent-to-quite-good-quality pedals, but i'm not above aquiring a p.o.s. pedal just because it glitches inherently on its own even when set/utilized within design parameters :lol:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear