MASF effects

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MASF effects

Postby Eivind August » Sat May 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Just give it time.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby frodog » Sat May 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Eivind August wrote:Bump because MASF and because I finally made a demo of the Raptio.

I'll quote this over cuz trippy soundzz! Lovew it dude, and now I want one even more ffs.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:55 pm

Does anyone have a gut shot of the possessed?
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:01 am

"i absolutely love their pedals but IF YOU GET A POSSESSED DO NOT RUN SUPER HOT SIGNALS INTO IT, otherwise it's amazing :lol: :facepalm: "
im not sure why i keep seeing this comment, scares me....i have 8 pedals running into it and usually use a skychord drone....I cant seem to open the back its fused shut...just bought from tone factor..
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:57 am

Ive had a Possessed and two Raptios die on me, so I'm abstaining from their non fuzz peds. :idk: It's not like I can blame my power since I run everything off my pp2+.

Just be careful, broski.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 am

Comesect from youtube? Welcome!

Glad to see ya here, man.

M.A.S.F. generally good his stuff or scratches the numbers off ICs. Possessed is spin fv-1 based I think (as is raptio).

M.A.S.F. also has a new thornoscillator out...don't know how different it is.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oscillateur » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 am

I think there's an additional switch or two, and a simpler minimalist visual design. There's the new Ordo too that looks super interesting and customizable as fuck by setting jumpers on the PCB.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:58 am

Inconuucl wrote:Ive had a Possessed and two Raptios die on me, so I'm abstaining from their non fuzz peds. :idk: It's not like I can blame my power since I run everything off my pp2+.

Just be careful, broski.

This is worrying. I'm really into the Possessed and thinking about buying one in a not so distant future. I use the same PSU. Did MASF ever comment on this? Is there a fix or are they just toasted and good for the trash?
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:21 am

There was an update at some point for both, but the old ones were not pulled from the market I don't think (2014 or very early 2015). So there were some potentials failures floating around. I think the newer ones should all be pretty good to go.

And some people have never had a problem (I didn't). My Raptio has a totally separate problem and I have a feeling it was my cat's fault.

The thing I thought was odd about possessed is certain signals wouldn't trigger it at all (super low or high)....it would just kind of stall and not get very interesting (mine at least). Used at general guitar volumes (or distortion) it sounded cool. There are some thresholds in there to account for when feeding it.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:34 am

I've never seen a man step on his Raptio and feed it ridiculous amounts of oscillation as much as I have Eivind. I thought my Raptio was fried once, but it turns out you have to flick the mode switch each time you power it up and I'm a pleb. :)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:38 am

Good to know. Will go brand new just to be sure!
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:02 pm

thanks Lordgalvar...
what ive gathered from my possessed is..taste is speed and acts like a tremolo....touch is like a compression/ buffer? secretly add or cuts off a % of signal...and smell is the delay length, which makes "oh shit" glitch circuit shot noises when turned...just wish i could see the inside..anyway moving on...ready for some industrialectric for the mix...i hear he is gonna release in the near future the incinerator again.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Intothegroove is remaking the incinerator? I haven't heard him talk about that here. ;)
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Yup, he mentioned that and the squarewave generator were possibilities at some point at NAMM in passing (I had mentioned that they were pretty fun). But, you know, he is pretty busy and things could have changed since January. Nothing official that I have heard.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby vallaton » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:28 pm

ok. so i've been drooling over the raptio for a really long time now, and finally have some moneys to use on stupid fun stuff.

but i'm really worried about people saying their raptios stopped working. and what is this talk about an update? is it a real thing or just a rumour? has it already happened?

it's also kinda difficult/expensive to get weirder stuff in scandinavia and so i have to probably get one through ebay.
there's this seller there who has 100% positive feedback and a couple of unused raptios. with the free international shipping it seems to be the cheaper than from pedalshops, but i think i'd feel safer dealing with a pedal vendor somehow. i don't know. shipping back and forth pedals with an US shop doesn't feel like something i'd have energy or money to do.

should i just give up on raptio or go for it? if i get one, what do you guys think would be the safest route?
vallaton

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear