Re: Pharaoh or Super Collider?

Postby Nickp » Wed May 27, 2015 7:01 pm

That art doe.
Nickp

interested
interested

Postby misterstomach » Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Faldoe wrote:From what I've read about the super collider, as others have said, it has balls. I don't want anything that adds tons of low end but I also don't want anything that takes away from the low end the amp is putting out without the pedal.

This isn't a problem with the supercollider if you're worried about that. The lows are good, but not overwhelming or flubby or anything.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Thu May 28, 2015 6:53 am

Semi-hijack again here, but its on-topic enough so what the hell...

Aside from an extra switch or knob here or there, are the different supercollider versions just about aesthetics, size, and minor changes in component values? I mean, there isnt a particular old version that for whatever reason stands out? I've got my eye on a supercollider thats in the bst section right now, but its the bigger, less board friendly kind :s
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby untilshewokeme » Thu May 28, 2015 7:15 am

Version 1: 1590BB Enclosure; Side Jacks; No Mids Control; Clipping Switch (LED or SI)
Version 2: 1590BB Enclosure; Side Jacks; No Clipping Switch; Mids Control
Version 3: 1590BB Enclosure; Top Jacks; Clipping Switch; Mids Control

When Earthbound Audio switched to Acid Age (before the switched back), they made a 1590b Enclosure; Top Jacks; No Clipping switch; Mids Control sized Supercollider

THEN there is the Earthbound Audio Beast, which is a Supercollider with 2 additional footswitches that add oscillation. These are in 1590NS enclosures and some have a clipping switch and some don't. Earthbound just announced they are going to start making them again.

I think all the circuits are relatively the same but with those nuances.
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby misterstomach » Thu May 28, 2015 8:55 am

untilshewokeme wrote:Version 1: 1590BB Enclosure; Side Jacks; No Mids Control; Clipping Switch (LED or SI)
Version 2: 1590BB Enclosure; Side Jacks; No Clipping Switch; Mids Control
Version 3: 1590BB Enclosure; Top Jacks; Clipping Switch; Mids Control

When Earthbound Audio switched to Acid Age (before the switched back), they made a 1590b Enclosure; Top Jacks; No Clipping switch; Mids Control sized Supercollider

THEN there is the Earthbound Audio Beast, which is a Supercollider with 2 additional footswitches that add oscillation. These are in 1590NS enclosures and some have a clipping switch and some don't. Earthbound just announced they are going to start making them again.

I think all the circuits are relatively the same but with those nuances.

Are you sure about that? I had a v1, I remember when v2 came out with the LED option after I owned mine. I'm not sure about mids on the other ones, but mine had side jacks and a mids control for sure. The other guitar player in my band is still using it so I see it all the time. And I'm sure it was a v1. There's also the "71" supercollider, which I believe is a variant of v3. I got a chance to play a beast once and it's the reason I bought a supercollider. But I didn't find the extra controls to be very useful to me at all and the thing was huge.

Either way, I'm pretty sure all the versions are awesome.
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby untilshewokeme » Thu May 28, 2015 9:05 am

I could be wrong. I was trying to go off memory and a quick google search.
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby misterstomach » Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 am

Actually I'm not as smart as I thought. Mine was a v2. V1 had no clipping switch and the mids control was a switch instead of a knob. V3 had the clipping switch added as well as a slight boost in gain and retained the mids knob. The acid age version (v4?) dropped the clipping switch, moved to a smaller enclosure and had top jacks. There were changes in pot tapers along the way too.
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Thu May 28, 2015 12:28 pm

For those who care and dont know yet: The standard Supercollider is on sale right now. Really tempting, but I rather spread the word here, and buy it from a fellow ILF bro when he flips his in a couple months :p
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby theAntihero » Thu May 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Supercollider every time. I had both, I now only have a supercollider

There is nothing that the pharoah can do that the supercollider doesn't do better. I have v2
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby fcknoise » Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 am

Now I want a supercollider even more. Might as well get it on the sale actually
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Fri May 29, 2015 4:51 am

Brandsmannen wrote:Now I want a supercollider even more. Might as well get it on the sale actually

Dibs on the flip... :excellent:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear