Sometimes Brian Wampler should just shut his whore mouth...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Keeley The Absolüte Würst, SubDecay Harmonic Antagonizer

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Have you tried würst after this:

?
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 pm

:lol: No. I don't have a Brat. :idk:

Here's some of the apreggiating thing i was talking about before with the Tone Axe at the beginning. Then I switch the Tone Axe off and the Würst on. Würst is in the pitch up mode. I totally forgot to roll the volume knob back up before turning on the Würst. I meant to do that. It sounds better that way. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to make another video.

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:45 pm

lordgalvar wrote:Have you tried würst after this:

?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:47 am

Dude that demo was brutal :D
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:51 am

Good stuff, Chankgeez. That weird thing with the tone axe and HA was awesome.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Thank you, gentlemens. Yeah, I really dig that TA + HA thing. Gonna have to explore that in greater detail.

Since I don't like white knobs, I had Keeley send me a Würst with black ones:

Not sure they look totally right. So, I may throw on some purple ones.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goosekevin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:10 pm

cool sounds chank, that arp thing is sick

wurst finish is beautiful i really like it
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks, goosekevin, yeah, the arping is sick. The craziest part was that it was louder than what I was actually playing. Really nice!

Yeah, the Würst PCB finish is nicely done. I swapped out those black knobs for purple ones. They go better. Pic later.

:erm: Here's a clip of me manipulating the feedback using the expression pedal with the Tone Axe:

Signal chain: Tone Axe > Clusterfuzz > Absolüte Würst > Green Ringer clone > Thunder Box(x) > ARC Klone
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:58 am

Chankgeez wrote:Signal chain: Tone Axe > Clusterfuzz > Absolüte Würst > Green Ringer clone > Thunder Box(x) > ARC Klone

Oh, so you picked up an eqd tentacle top?

(Nyuk nyuk nyuk)
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:00 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:08 pm

This is good. This is right.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Yeap. Purple is king.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:25 am

So, Sir Chank of Geez. Where are we with thee after a suitable period of honeymooning? Thumbs up? Down? Sideways?

I've finally been Octasynthed, thus creating an opening in my perpetual Subdecay GAS and loving the NoiseBox as I do, I am more than curious about how that Antagonizer matches up. I appreciated your initial comments--anything further to add?

Also--still digiing the Wurst? I liked the "annoying little sister alien Mikubird" vocal quality--does it have more than one trick in it's bag?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:29 am

I've been a little busy. Been meaning to update this thread.

I'm sorta sideways on the Würst. It does three different things, none of 'em truly outstanding. Solid though. Yeah, I think the octave up function is my favorite part of it. It does sound pretty. I've been meaning to make some more video clips. You'll see/hear, hopefully soon. It doesn't really stack that well with mid-level dirt. Sounds pretty good with some mild fuzz/dirt or being totally obliterated.

I like the Harmonic Antagonizer. (As I've said before, not as much as the Noise Box though.) HA is much more controllable than the Noise Box. So, it's kind of a trade off. If you like the NB, but want a more usable pedal, the HA is for you. Again, I plan on doing some more video clips for this too.

Sorry my updates aren't more forthcoming.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:39 am

Naw--you've been great. I really can't work out the deal with the Wurst--would definitely like to hear more/more about that....

The HA I know I'd like/love, but having a Noise Box clouds the issue for me. No doubt there have been a few times when I wanted to be able to tame that beast a little, but not at the expense of the cray. In a vacuum I'd jump on it (HA), but these days I'm learning to rein it in a bit with the acquisitions. I'd actually like to hear more of how the HA operates as a (stable) synced oscillator with little to no filter sweep--I think it could be a great sort of "base tone" for synthy manipulations. The Vitruvian Mod already sort of does that, but I'm interested in what sort of flava the HA oscillata has. Not that I don't like the enveloped filter sweeps, but yeah, this could be a good utility pedal I think....

OT--besides the Moog FreqBox and I guess Pigtronix Mothership are there any other pedals out there that do a synced oscillator that is relatively stable? To add to the difficulty factor for this question--exclude PLL and PWM devices?

Thanks Chankgeez!!!!! :)*
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear