Sometimes Brian Wampler should just shut his whore mouth...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Keeley The Absolüte Würst, SubDecay Harmonic Antagonizer

Postby Dandolin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Noice!
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Dandolin wrote:He sure put a lot into that fuzz; one of my faves still years later--betcha that one would sound interesting with the HA-mix in a liitle of that X knob....

OK, so, I tried this and at first it wasn't going so well. I got some interesting sounds the longer I messed around though. Two oscillating fuzzes can sometimes be a little much. I've found that the HA doesn't really stack that well with other dirt (either before or after, boost is fine however). The dirtier the pedal the HA is stacked with the more its envelopiness is reduced/minimized. I think the envelope is one of the best parts of the HA. So, I wanna preserve that aspect of it. I think modulation is key in modifying what the HA can do.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:21 pm

I hear that--to my mind the interest with the Goose would be in using the interesting non-oscillation related bits--the frequency multiplier in particular--to wrangle other textures from that envelope--but I've been doing this long enough to know what seems possible in theory doesn't always work out...thanks for giving it a go man!
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:28 pm

In that case, I could try the Fairfield Four Eyes before the HA.

I have a feeling I already tried that and wasn't completely happy with the results. I'll have to try again. :snax: Will report back at some time later.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 am

Four Eyes--great idea! Before *or* after (since you can get some fair bit of spiky resonance out of the Four Eyes)....
Last edited by Dandolin on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:43 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:49 am

Wow....

Duck the hard questions, eh? Or is it that he can't handle people with humor...(For the record, the only compressor you need is fuzz Keeley)

I want to know about the "warm up" and problems with the operation of Caverns. Read some reviews out there that it has a good size lag after it is engaged. Should I run the Katana or something else in front to fix that problem (kidding obviously)? But it is a strange problem...does that mean that the chip's power supply is cut every time it is bypassed to cut down on line noise? Something like that? I dunno. Seems weird.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:10 am

:lol:

I actually didn't even read those posts. I just noticed he'd posted. :D

:duck:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:53 pm

I just skimmed it. I just read some review about the Caverns where the dude said it was awesome because it took the place of two pedals but it had a significant lag before the effect kicked in after activation (even though it didn't sound as good).

I dunno, the thinking "it took the place of two better sounding pedals because it saved me a spot" sucks. If that is the concern, go multi fx.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Or get a bigger board.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:17 pm

goroth wrote:Or get a bigger board.

Of course. Just in my head I had the image of the dude as bar cover band guy that has to play No Doubt, Bee Gees, Cameo, and Rod Stewart on the hour, every hour (with one 20 minute break).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Shudders
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Psst, Keeley, ask Chankgeez if he's had any more thoughts and revelations about the Subdecay Harmonic Aggressor after another month of proud ownership.

For myself, I am increasingly of the opinion that I will have every Subdecay and run them all together on my Subdecay board. Or I will know why not.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 pm

I've been super busy, Dandolin. I just moved, but when I get everything unpacked, I've been planning on revisiting both HA and the AW and probably recording some more clips.

Not sure either of 'em are gonna stay, but I do wanna mess with 'em some more.

I'd also like to try a SubDecay Starlight flanger because Syl likes it so much. That probably won't happen for a while though. Maybe when I sell off some pedals?

Coincidentally, I was just looking at one of these on eBay:

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Toshiro Mifune in da house!

Congrats on the move!

And Keeley, I like that move to purple.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear