Studio strength bass amp for under a G?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Studio strength bass amp for under a G?

Postby technicoloraudio » Wed May 06, 2015 9:44 pm

I'm after warm clean tone. I've got another tab open on the Science site now, which is clearly about to blow my budget all to shit...
My worry is that 100 tube watts is going to be overkill for what I need, even though it is not overkill for what I want.
I like the sound of the GK RBs, but they hop around and eventually break (seen it three times).
I have been thinking about maybe doing a silver face bandmaster, I don't want sterile, I want cocaine-addled angry butter.
but what are guitar pedals...really..?
technicoloraudio

committed
committed

Re: Studio strength bass amp for under a G?

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu May 07, 2015 7:05 am

Yea, consider the Fender SF (BF if you find one cheap) heads. I'd go with a Basman personally as they're usually cheaper than the Bandmasters, pick up a cab to taste.

Later on, get a power soak with an XLR out (which you don't even have to *use* to soak, just to get the stuff out to the board for studio if you want that route.

Will sound good at low volume with the right speaker as well (and I'm meaning conversational, let's play a coffee shop and not get yelled at volume) but will still slay for anything but "I'm going to drown out a 747 in my doomz brutez band", but let us be real - you aren't buying a 50 watt amp for that for even guitar.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear