Favourite pedal lately

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Favourite pedal lately

Postby Jwar » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

My favorite pedal lately is the VFE RUP. Holy fuck this thing has so many options it's insane. The FX loop makes it soooooooo damn good. I love it! Makes some pedals that weren't as usable before usable. :) Like if I plug my Pitchgrinder into the fx loop, well now it's totally usable. Amazing.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue May 12, 2015 12:18 pm

jwar wrote:My favorite pedal lately is the VFE RUP. Holy fuck this thing has so many options it's insane. The FX loop makes it soooooooo damn good. I love it! Makes some pedals that weren't as usable before usable. :) Like if I plug my Pitchgrinder into the fx loop, well now it's totally usable. Amazing.

How does the f/x loop work..I.e what is the circuit flow that there is able to have an f/x loop...is it just two gain stages or something?
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echoraven » Tue May 12, 2015 2:21 pm

jwar wrote:My favorite pedal lately is the VFE RUP. Holy fuck this thing has so many options it's insane. The FX loop makes it soooooooo damn good. I love it! Makes some pedals that weren't as usable before usable. :) Like if I plug my Pitchgrinder into the fx loop, well now it's totally usable. Amazing.

:excellent: ...intriguing. Audio clips or it didn't happen.
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby Strange Tales » Tue May 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Pitchgrinder.... usable? Now you've got me intrigued.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue May 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:

How does the f/x loop work..I.e what is the circuit flow that there is able to have an f/x loop...is it just two gain stages or something?

It's a multiband distortion. So three stages. So you actually can hear three stages layered. It's really cool. The clean signal or the pedal's main signal is always dominate, so when you use a pedal like the Pitchgrinder, which honestly was not usable before, it because good. It's that background noise.

So with the fx loop you can plug an effect into the bass band, treble band or mid band. OR you can plug one part into the bass band and one part into the treble band...etc.

Other things it has

Multiband compression, clean eq boosting, variable tri-amping (you can plug it into three amps at once), and you can use it as a gain mixer.

I'm making a demo. :) I'll try and throw 3 pedals in there that I find to be entirely unusable for bass and make them work better. haha. It's a really cool concept.

Plus I have two of them. :) So I can have 6 fx loops running at once on my board.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby lordgalvar » Tue May 12, 2015 3:36 pm

It's sounds really neat, jwar, and like something that would be great for a bass player. Seems like an awesome thing to build a setup around while also being able to fit into many situations.

The textural possibilities are nice and it could help streamline recording processes, live sound reinforcement, modulation mix, etc. Sounds awesome.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Gear