Red Panda - Raster Delay. Who is excited?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Red Panda - Raster Delay. Who is excited?

Postby PaulB » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:31 am

Brandsmannen wrote:?

guess it's about my post. To Explain: earlier on the thread there was a discussion about the demo units. some found the justnick demo not so good, especially the octave up and down would be "way way off". Curt from red panda commented: "Yep, it was a bit off in the early demo units we sent out. I just finished some tweaks to tighten up the semitone/octave pitch shift intervals and tame some of the high frequencies for the production builds."
I was just wondering how many of those demo units were not properly tweaked? There are just 4 early demos (Kayzer, Andy, Nick, Mike) and all of them except nick's sound quite good, IMO. It's not a big deal anyway, because the units that are on the market don't have those problems.
PaulB

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:08 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby resincum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:09 am

can anyone confirm if this compresses when slammed with a hot/megafuzzed out signal? guessing not since it plays well with bass, but I need to make sure!
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby fcknoise » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 am

PaulB wrote:
Brandsmannen wrote:?

guess it's about my post. To Explain: earlier on the thread there was a discussion about the demo units. some found the justnick demo not so good, especially the octave up and down would be "way way off". Curt from red panda commented: "Yep, it was a bit off in the early demo units we sent out. I just finished some tweaks to tighten up the semitone/octave pitch shift intervals and tame some of the high frequencies for the production builds."
I was just wondering how many of those demo units were not properly tweaked? There are just 4 early demos (Kayzer, Andy, Nick, Mike) and all of them except nick's sound quite good, IMO. It's not a big deal anyway, because the units that are on the market don't have those problems.

Thanks for explaining :hug:
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bugzaney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:18 pm

wow, this thing is powerful. how does it compare to the count to five? i'm really leaning on the CT5 being my first pedal purchase in a LONG while...
bugzaney

experienced
experienced

Postby excane » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:54 pm

resincum wrote:can anyone confirm if this compresses when slammed with a hot/megafuzzed out signal? guessing not since it plays well with bass, but I need to make sure!

I'll be doing a bass demo shortly so you shall hear :)
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Chaosmic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:39 pm

https://m.soundcloud.com/metalstring-so ... ording-281

Here's a quick improv iPhone clip I did when our Rasters first arrived. I'm running my own Chaosmic Fuzz into it for this clip. Obviously I was just messing around but it shows what it sounds like being slammed with fuzz bass anyways. Really fun and inspiring pedal for sure.
Chaosmic

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear