Boxidizer vs. Rusty Box?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Boxidizer vs. Rusty Box?

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:31 am

D.o.S. wrote:Fuck man you saw a good band?

Is this an april fool's joke?

:rofl:

Just saw this. Ya dick.
:hug:
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am

TBH I was a little afraid I'd actually pissed you off when you didn't answer. :thumb:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:15 pm

I know I have crap taste, don't worry!

In other news I'm getting a YBA-3 on Sunday. I guess I won't need to get another Rusty Box now.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ancientbones » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:28 pm

skullservant wrote:I've had both at the same time. The Boxidizer's EQ is a little brighter, it's a little more 'gainy'. I do like that the Boxidizer didn't have the weird power requirements, and the gain control for the boost footswitch was a nice addition as well. The Rusty Box has a slightly darker and a little more scooped EQ. I will say that with the Rusty Box, when using it on bass, I needed an EQ pedal after it to slightly bump the bass up a little bit. I only noticed it with certain amps and at certain settings, but I did notice that it lacked a little bass with certain settings. I really did love both of them when I had them though, they were excellently built and very solid. I miss them both

I don't mind the brighter EQ. I'm definitely not worried about a lack of bass coming out of this amp. It's incredibly dark sounding. The OCD just sucked all the bass out of it unless it was cranked and by then it just got too muddy. I feel like the boxidizer is what I've been looking for in a dirt pedal.

Also you're the guy that had that sick Obstructures guitar!!! I'm planning on saving up for an obstructures when I can.
ancientbones

committed
committed

Postby Abanoise » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:09 pm

I passed a couple of month with both the Rusty Box and the Boxidizer at home; finally I decided to keep only the Boxidizer, mainly for the standard 9vDC power requirement. However I must admit that, even if they cover comparable functions or comparable sonic territories, they don't sound similar at all. The Rusty Box seemed to be more dynamic with both bass and guitar, while the Boxidizer is rawer. The boost of the RB changes dramatically the eq settings of the pedal, while the boost of the Boxidizer keeps the same tone and eq, adding only volume and gain. If I remember correct, the Rusty Box had also more output volume.
Anyways, I'm really satisfied with the Boxidizer, and we recorded one entire track of our new album with an EGC baritone and the Boxidizer always on.
You're not a musician, you're a low frequencies generator!

Good deals: starcastic, multi_s, Ragged Trousers, phantasmagorovich x2, delaydecay, Aen, plotkin, TheOndrakGuy, Grandnoise, smallsnd/bgsnd, jskadiang, WtrPlyr, sp3k, AngryGoldfish, dan_abnormal, laekna x11, casperh7, FreakFlagRecordings, MEC x3, CaptainBoxman, wsf1234, durden26, Communarchy, painbeam, hipwaf, shrubber, chutneyfarmer, John, colossus, Jero, Jono, DarkAxel, Lebowsky, Eivind August, Snufkino, boneslygrifter
Abanoise

experienced
experienced

Postby kbit » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Cool, how did the EQ change when you kicked on the Rusty Box's boost?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Abanoise » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:51 pm

I remember it was brighter and less scooped, which doesn't happen with the boost of the Boxidizer.
You're not a musician, you're a low frequencies generator!

Good deals: starcastic, multi_s, Ragged Trousers, phantasmagorovich x2, delaydecay, Aen, plotkin, TheOndrakGuy, Grandnoise, smallsnd/bgsnd, jskadiang, WtrPlyr, sp3k, AngryGoldfish, dan_abnormal, laekna x11, casperh7, FreakFlagRecordings, MEC x3, CaptainBoxman, wsf1234, durden26, Communarchy, painbeam, hipwaf, shrubber, chutneyfarmer, John, colossus, Jero, Jono, DarkAxel, Lebowsky, Eivind August, Snufkino, boneslygrifter
Abanoise

experienced
experienced

Postby ancientbones » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Finally got the boxidizer in the mail today and so far it rips! Beefs up my amp's sound and sounds MUCH better than the OCD did with this amp.
ancientbones

committed
committed

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Running a Rusty Box straight into my PC is what I'm recording with right now. I like how it sounds and I don't make the wife want to kill me for interrupting her work. :)
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BoatRich » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:18 pm

Bumping this thread like 4 years later in case anyone has used one with a Bass VI? I’m thinking about one as an always on preamp into a GK with a 215 and 412 loaded with deltas. Mostly looking for a tiny bit of gain/grit always with less of a bass centric EQ than like a Sansamp.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:54 am

Love my Boxidizer, it's just a bit large for my board. But I have thought about using it at the front end for the very purpose you mention, in place of the Mini that is there now. Too many great options.

Friend has the Rusty Box and it sounds great too.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:10 am

I've had both but it has beeen so long. I've used both with VI and honestly I don't think there was much of a difference between the two. The eq points are different but the baked in tone associated with the pedals is greater than the knob freq differences.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear