Pittsburgh modular Patch Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pittsburgh modular Patch Box

Postby phantasmagorovich » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:05 pm

aens_wife wrote:I don't think this is THE product for people who want to get into modular set ups, but rather a cross over for guitar players who want some of the functionality integrated with their current rig.

I see a lot of modular users (on many forums, not just this one) focussing on the limitations of this thing and maybe missing the point that most guitar players don't want to mess with a full set up.

Just my two cents...

I didn't see anyone (here, dunno about other forums) focusing on the limitations actually. I might've misread some things in my own excitement about this, but really all I've seen is people wishing for this to be larger, a notion that's not surprising at 42HP and our resident roster of megalomaniacs. And sometimes people warning that you should plan some Envelope and LFO functionality into a rig to get the most out of Eurorack. Which is totally sound advice.

I think I would want one to fill to my own liking. Maybe some day I will find a job. Hopefully it's the same time these show up in bst, because it's inevitable that some people will buy one and be confused or disappointed and flip em.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby modernage » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:55 am

Ho...ly... fuck! You guys picked a beautiful time to get interested in this stuff...

Roland, partnered with Malekko, is rebooting the System 100M/700 and squishing it down to Eurorack size. (1st all-analog Roland product in how long?)

Pluuuus, some modules that also function as stand alone fx boxes and synth (for those who want to stay far away from contracting this sickness). Cool stuff happening @ 7:33ish...

more pron...
NSFW: show
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bob the r0bot » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Sheiiiiiiit
I'm gonna have to hit that Dual VCO
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby moogboy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:50 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c2imbwCvE_s[/youtube]
I play guitar and modular synthesizer in Juggable Offense.
juggableoffense.bandcamp.com
moogboy

committed
committed

Postby phantasmagorovich » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:51 am

moogboy wrote:
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:17 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby GlitteryChunks » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:37 am

Would anyone like to break down the price point of the Patchbox compared to buying all the in between for guitar-->modular individually? I'm a noob in this area...
Great business with::: space6oy, SpaceFlunky, iamthesnow, DannDubbleEwe, leaves turn, Jero, Gigahearts_FX, PumpkinPieces, sergiomunoz74
GlitteryChunks

committed
committed

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:44 am

Soooo...who's got one? Why did this thread die?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 am

GlitteryChunks wrote:Would anyone like to break down the price point of the Patchbox compared to buying all the in between for guitar-->modular individually? I'm a noob in this area...

You save a small amount of cash with the starter packs...like $10-20.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:05 pm

I didn't realize how expensive this all is... Like I was dreaming of ditching my reverb/delay/modulation section of my pedalboard with this because it seems so much more versatile on the move, but I'd still likely end up a few hundred short. My cousin has a huge euro rack set up he uses for his musics. Trying to arrange a sit down with him to talk some stuff out.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 pm

So as I went about my day I kept thinking about this. I'm imagining a cheaper and potentially easier setup would be to have your dirt and whatnot on a little board and then a little euro rack sitting on your amp. Seems far easier for actually switching the cables around and tweaking knobs.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:45 am

Oh wow! I didn't know they were 1200 bucks! Fuck man. Instant GAS killer here. :( That's way too much for me. LOL

If I had the cash, I'd get it though........lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Willem » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:34 am

If you buy an empty unit with one or two modular, it can be under a grand but yeah, that's a lot of cash.
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Necro rising!

So, any competitors to the PMPB show their face?

Don't see a lot of deals on these, new or used, but I'm increasingly of the opinion I need Clouds and maybe the 4MS Spectral Processor, in my rig stat-ish, and this seems to be the most sensible way to get there, no? I realize it's an investment, but if I could find a way to get the total outlay for those under a grand, I might just be able to sell off enough to get there....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 pm

jwar wrote:Oh wow! I didn't know they were 1200 bucks! Fuck man. Instant GAS killer here. :( That's way too much for me. LOL

If I had the cash, I'd get it though........lol

$1200 is with all of the Pittsburgh modules, which you wouldn't really want. But the ones that would be better sounding would cost even more probably...

You could get some pretty cool sounds on a ""budget"" with this guy plus Synthrotek delays and LFOs though, especially if you DIY.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear