The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Whatever Thread .. For Gear!!

Postby skullservant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 am

Hahaha I feel you dude. I think that is part of my dilemma as well and may be why I got rid of the Timeline the first time I had it. And honestly at the end of the day can I justify having a $400+ pedal going into a dirty amp? It could be a Joyo pedal and no one would be able to tell the difference. I guess I'm just bored and want a pedal that will keep me entertained for more than 5 minutes :idk:

Maybe I'll skip the $400 price tag and get one of those Zoom CDR's
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Casavettes » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:15 am

Do what makes ya happy man!
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Andrew » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:22 am

Casavettes wrote:Do what makes ya happy man!

My thoughts exactly.

I'm super happy with my new Mark V 25w amp, it gets a really convincing Old Man Gloom sludge tone. But the cleans are so nice it takes all of my fuzz pedals super well.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:42 am

I think I'm definitely going to try one of those Zooms before I plunge into something that is so much money. Apparently you can stack up to 6 effects in a single patch with the Zoom as well :love:

That's awesome about the amp! Exactly what I like about my Shiv as well
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:16 am

shit yeah, I've had that one on my radar as well :)
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 pm

skullservant wrote:Trying to sell off excess pedals for either a Timeline or BigSky. I just want a pedal that I can tweak for hours and hours and not get bored.... On one hand with the timeline I would have the looper... But the BigSky may be more useful for me... Torn. And it's not like any of my stuff has sold recently to even have money

To be honest, I had the Timeline but I thought it was really quite boring.
In my opinion it doesn't have that many possibilities to tweak the sound in an interesting way.
I find my DMM550TT to be more rewarding and versatile actually.
The ILFDD, No Memory, DD-5, In Limbo, Echo Degrader and DML are also all options I would recommend over the Timeline.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:25 pm

skullservant wrote:Trying to sell off excess pedals for either a Timeline or BigSky. I just want a pedal that I can tweak for hours and hours and not get bored.... On one hand with the timeline I would have the looper... But the BigSky may be more useful for me... Torn. And it's not like any of my stuff has sold recently to even have money

Timeline is cool and it will give you hours of fun, specially with the ability to run delay+loop AND pre/post, although the fun stuff is hidden within the sub menus (Value knob) :facepalm:
And the problem I have with the BigSky is that after a few hours of tweaking and messing around with all the modes, you will notice that they all sound the fucking same.

You want the Eventide Space or/and Pitchfactor.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:50 pm

realized how bright the echo dream 2 is at practice last night. like, annoyingly bright.. can't get passed it :facepalm: only if they could have fit a tone knob on there :lol: the maude on the other hand sounds as beautiful as ever and I'm not noticing the clock noise anymore :idk: :yay: going to run with that for now, but can someone tell me where the minifooger delay falls tone wise? buddy said it was 'dark' but not sure I trust his hears :lol:
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:13 pm

I'll be able to tell you in a few days.

From what I read, its brighter at shorter settings and gets darker the longer the time is.

Also, I caved and ordered an Echo Degrader. So, looks like I'm a 2 delay kinda guy.

I've also been playing guitar a lot lately. Barely touched my bass. Really weird for me.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:19 pm

You should be able to score an old Maxon (or Ibanez) AD-9 fairly cheap. It has some of the darkest, most delicious repeats I've ever heard.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby resincum » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:41 pm

ah yeah forgot about those. also interested in the waza craft ones
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Tristan wrote:

In my opinion it doesn't have that many possibilities to tweak the sound in an interesting way.
The ILFDD, No Memory, DD-5, In Limbo, Echo Degrader and DML are also all options I would recommend over the Timeline.

ramonovski wrote:

Timeline is cool and it will give you hours of fun, specially with the ability to run delay+loop AND pre/post, although the fun stuff is hidden within the sub menus (Value knob) :facepalm:
And the problem I have with the BigSky is that after a few hours of tweaking and messing around with all the modes, you will notice that they all sound the fucking same.

You want the Eventide Space or/and Pitchfactor.

I had a Timeline about 5ish years ago for a good while. I think I'm still going back to questioning needing something that costs THAT much on my pedal board going into one single dirty amp. I think I'm going to do the Zoom CDR instead, it's only like $100 and has a ton of different options it seems without the hefty price tag
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:12 pm

resincum wrote:realized how bright the echo dream 2 is at practice last night. like, annoyingly bright.. can't get passed it :facepalm: only if they could have fit a tone knob on there :lol: the maude on the other hand sounds as beautiful as ever and I'm not noticing the clock noise anymore :idk: :yay: going to run with that for now, but can someone tell me where the minifooger delay falls tone wise? buddy said it was 'dark' but not sure I trust his hears :lol:

It's not super dark. It sits in a band mix well. The drive knob along with the mix control help you get any sort of texture/mix in a band situation as you want as well as making it as prominent or backgroundish as you want.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ThurberMingus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Tristan wrote:

Replaced my ILFDD with a TimeLine. No regrets. I was able to dial in the setting I used on the ILFDD in like 2 minutes. Granted the modulation isn't as deep or creepy on the TL. I think it's the best pedal ever. But I love presets and gimmicky pad sounds and ice/trem delay. I also like dotted eighths (gasp!) so I don't expect everyone to feel the same about the TimeLine as I do.
neonblack wrote:SELL IT!

Don't form emotional bonds with metal boxes.

Live like me. Flip everything. Romanticize nothing. Accomplish nothing.

lost in music wrote:Digivolve into champions!
ThurberMingus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:43 am

ThurberMingus wrote: ice/trem delay

ThurberMingus wrote:dotted eighths

TGP'd
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear