Oscillating fuzz dojo - The Atrocity Exhibition

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Oscillating fuzz demos - (ss/bs Year 4545)

Postby sylnau » Mon May 18, 2015 4:04 pm

This thing is sick. :animal: Nice demo. :joy:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Another awesome demo Eivind. :thumb: And yes, freedom does exist. You just have to be brave enough to reach out and take it in a world where people who are too scared to try and get it for themselves will try take it from you. :poke:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon May 18, 2015 6:46 pm

I always thought the Y4545 was a standard type of fuzz. Boy, was I wrong! :snax: :drool:

Lovely laser farts!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm

it sounds like a bunch of shopping trolleys falling down metal stairs into a car compactor with live wires
in the best way possible
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon May 18, 2015 9:49 pm

lazers are the best with this pedal :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 pm

sylnau wrote:This thing is sick. :animal: Nice demo. :joy:

Thanks dude. Yeah, it's pretty cray. :animal:

KaosCill8r wrote:Another awesome demo Eivind. :thumb: And yes, freedom does exist. You just have to be brave enough to reach out and take it in a world where people who are too scared to try and get it for themselves will try take it from you. :poke:

Thank you, man. Oh, yeah, sure, we have the freedom to do whatever we want, but we do have limited control to choose what it is that we want, or like. Not that that is a real problem. :trippy:

UglyCasanova wrote:I always thought the Y4545 was a standard type of fuzz. Boy, was I wrong! :snax: :drool:

Lovely laser farts!

Why thank you, good sir. You were indeed mistaken in your previous belief, I am glad to see that you have reached a more befitting conclusion regarding this contraption.

goosekevin wrote:it sounds like a bunch of shopping trolleys falling down metal stairs into a car compactor with live wires
in the best way possible

That was the exact sound I was going for, thanks for noticing. :idea:

Uncle Grandfather wrote:lazers are the best with this pedal :thumb:

Lazers are the best with anything ever. :rock:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby goosekevin » Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Eivind August wrote:
goosekevin wrote:it sounds like a bunch of shopping trolleys falling down metal stairs into a car compactor with live wires
in the best way possible

That was the exact sound I was going for, thanks for noticing. :idea:

i definitely meant it as a compliment, brutal tones that you managed to wrangle into sounding rad :hug:

in your opinion what osc fuzz that youve tried 'blends' best with playing
im just getting into the world of oscillating fuzz with my 141g and im curious to dip my toes in more but im a bit of a weakling and dont know where to begin
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Wed May 20, 2015 1:53 am

I'm literally going to use this demo as a reference guide for cool sounds when the 4545 gets back to me. So good!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Wed May 20, 2015 6:27 am

Goose Tom: Oh, I definitely took it as a compliment. :D

When you say «blends best» I assume you mean which ones are the most musical in a traditional sense/which ones doesn't turn your playing into complete noise? IMO, AB-Synth and LAL 88 are the most controllable and responds the best to your playing. Wolf Computer can also be incredibly musical as long as you tune it right, and it lets you gate out the oscillations while keeping the artifacts.

Really looking forward to getting the Shoe Silver Apple, if it's as good as it seems it might be the ultimate WC. Also, Gnomeratron demo is coming later this week, and might fit what you're looking for. Supersonic Fuzz Gun and MASF Epilepsy are also quite responsive circuits. Yeah, all the ones I've tried are great, really. :snax:

goroth: Dude, thanks. :!!!: Feels like I only scraped the surface, honoured that you found it usefull. Odin smiles upon thee.

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Thu May 21, 2015 2:34 pm

McSpunckle Gnomeratron VTF

Mechagnome digging out the crystal lattice from the centre of teh planet. Jack of most trades pedal with some neat oscillating capabilities that I've looked into in the video above. Nasty, mean fuzz, with useful tone knob and filter switch that lets it go from harsh and shrill to fat and muffled. Tons of gain on tap. Many knobs. So many knobs. Eric and goroth were kind enough to provide me with some pointers, but there's still stuff in there that I don't fully get. So I basically just played around with different settings until I found toanz that pleased my bonez. And there are several of them. It did provide a great sense of adventure, twisting knobs and taking names. Demo should probably have been longer and more varied, but it's not.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Re: Oscillating fuzz demos - (Gnomeratron VTF)

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu May 21, 2015 2:48 pm

That pedal sounds fucking great. I say that about most of the pedals you demo, but this is really jizzworthy. Probably one of the ugliest graphics I've seen, but I can deal. :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gaussgunn » Thu May 21, 2015 3:02 pm

best noise fuzz ever for sure :drool:
Rusty fuzz demos => viewtopic.php?f=149&t=45595
vintage fuzz, amps, guitars gallery => http://www.fuzzyeah.com
instagram => https://www.instagram.com/fuzzyeah
gaussgunn

committed
committed

Postby futuresailors » Thu May 21, 2015 5:48 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:That pedal sounds fucking great. I say that about most of the pedals you demo, but this is really jizzworthy. Probably one of the ugliest graphics I've seen, but I can deal. :joy:

:rofl:
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri May 22, 2015 12:38 am

UC, you are insane. The graphics are half the reason I wanted one haha
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri May 22, 2015 5:06 am

Different folks, different strokes. We both like how it sounds, though! :animal: :hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear