What do you use trails for?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

What do you use trails for?

Postby Ghost Hip » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:36 am

The trails thread made me realize I never use trails intentionally. The pedal either does or does not and in a band context I hardly notice either way. I am curious if people use them in a dynamic or creative way or if its just a feature people prefer over not having trails.

For me if a pedal has trails I go "hey cool this pedal has trails, I didn't know that," then I totally forget about it. :lol: :facepalm:

So whatchyall using trails for?
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Re: What do you use trails for?

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Say one part of a song has reverb/delay and another part does not. Trails just makes for smoother transitions. That's what I use it for.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Basically that. Sometimes if I need an extra moment for stomping I turn my el cap off and immediately hold the tap so it self oscillates, then go about my stomping. Really works well coming out of a big heavy part into a quieter part.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Yeah, transitions and for accents. It's one of those things where once you get used to it it sounds so abrupt otherwise, you can stomp on and off real gracefully with trails in the middle of lines etc.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm with you Pumpkin, I never really care if I have trails or not. But I do always have a reverb on at the beginning of the chain so I guess I always have trails
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Yeah, I figured the transition thing is what most people like it for. I prefer abrupt changes in my music, but thats just a style thing. And transitions are a bit easier to sound fluid in a two guitar band... or if you have another instrument helping you outside the rhythm section. I do remember using delay in the three piece and hated how sudden it was when I turned it off.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote: It's one of those things where once you get used to it it sounds so abrupt otherwise, you can stomp on and off real gracefully with trails in the middle of lines etc.

Is my thing.

So yes, I trails.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:22 pm

I don't need them. They're nice in some contexts, usually as an added bed effect when it's turned off at high repeat levels or to give a smooth fade, but it is in no way a dealbreaker for me if a pedal has them or not.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear