FLANGERS

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: FLANGERS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Tristan wrote:For anyone looking for a great Electric Mistress clone I'd suggest Ian / Gigahearts, I have one and it sounds better than any other Electric Mistress type flanger I've tried so far, I think he's still got one up in the B/S/T for a steal.

Yar I has another that can go cheaper. They're really great
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Got an A/DA clone from Ian today and it roooocks. Does the manual flange thing (no idea if it's static or so slow it might as well be, but the effect is there) really nicely, plus lots of other fancy sounds. Having owned a mooer flanger and flanger hoax before, this strikes the right balance between being too simple and too complicated. Sounds great, no volume drop problems, tonnes of sounds.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:39 pm

^ definitely with you on the A/DA being the perfect level of complicated-ness. i find i never use the gate feature but it never interferes with anything if left open so it's handy. polarity switch is awesome.
i've been using my turnipfarmfx A/DA clone most lately. i really love the simple shimmery chorus kinda sounds you can get out of that circuit. sounds awesome pre-dirt too.

Gigahearts_FX wrote:
Tristan wrote:For anyone looking for a great Electric Mistress clone I'd suggest Ian / Gigahearts, I have one and it sounds better than any other Electric Mistress type flanger I've tried so far, I think he's still got one up in the B/S/T for a steal.

Yar I has another that can go cheaper. They're really great

..how cheap are we talking? :cool: exchange rate isn't on my side and i've already bought two flangers this week but i'm kinda interested cos i've not tried the EM yet. how's it compare to the A/DA?
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:39 pm

monkeydancer wrote:Got an A/DA

+1 on the a/da flanger, its rules supreme atop its mountain of glory.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:16 pm

You guys... FLANGERINE !!!!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Flanger? I hardly know 'er

but for real... can you guys believe I got my first BF-2 ever today? :)

it's so fucked up it looks more light pink than violet :lol:

probably one of the few mod pedals I'm thinking about putting rather late in the chain. Gotta test it. But seems like a fun pedal :animal:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 pm

i fucking love that 'boss pedal sat in the sun too long' aesthetic :lol:
for ages i was using a BF-2 later in the chain with all the knobs dimed. for more subtle, slower sweeping sounds i always use flanger pre-dirt but that combination is a really good one since the BF-2 is pretty dark anyway.

ibanez AD-190 is my go-to now. every flanger needs a mix knob and tone knob, makes everything so versatile. currently bidding on a Boss BF-1 so hopefully i can try that soon too.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:19 am

BF-1?

:drool:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:32 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:i fucking love that 'boss pedal sat in the sun too long' aesthetic :lol:
for ages i was using a BF-2 later in the chain with all the knobs dimed. for more subtle, slower sweeping sounds i always use flanger pre-dirt but that combination is a really good one since the BF-2 is pretty dark anyway.

ibanez AD-190 is my go-to now. every flanger needs a mix knob and tone knob, makes everything so versatile. currently bidding on a Boss BF-1 so hopefully i can try that soon too.

I mainly bought it to experiment with some clangy 80's post punk vibez. I'll probably sandwich it between my Huge Box II and Elements, sounds pretty sweet before the Elements, but doesn't seem to get through the thick wall of fuzz that is Huge Box II (especially since I run it on the darkest filter setting)

oh and yeah, love the look of the pedal :lol:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:24 am

A lot of the time on bass I used the BF2 after fuzz to give it some teeth. Set rate and depth to min, feedback to just a little more than min, and manual to taste. Gives this rubbery, grindy fuzz sound that I love!
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby KaosCill8r » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:28 am

goroth wrote:BF-1?

:drool:

Would make an awesome doorstop hey goroth :poke: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Edit: you want to punch me in the nuts right now? I can just sense it. :yay:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat May 16, 2015 1:54 am

has anybody tried a Chigago Iron Pedalflanger? or a Moog Cluster Flux?
i'm considering moving up in the flanger world and can't decide which because i sure as hell can't afford both. The pedalflanger seems the nicest tonally, even in demos i think you can tell it has something special going on, but the moog is insanely versatile, and they're both about the same price. :idk:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ev_O))) » Sat May 16, 2015 4:27 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:has anybody tried a Chigago Iron Pedalflanger? or a Moog Cluster Flux?
i'm considering moving up in the flanger world and can't decide which because i sure as hell can't afford both. The pedalflanger seems the nicest tonally, even in demos i think you can tell it has something special going on, but the moog is insanely versatile, and they're both about the same price. :idk:

Skip to like 8:38 and ask yourself if the pedalflanger can do THAT:

I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 16, 2015 11:33 am

There's a lot of things the Pedalflanger can't do that more modern flanger circuits can. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat May 16, 2015 11:50 am

Chankgeez wrote:There's a lot of things the Pedalflanger can't do that more modern flanger circuits can. :idk:

for sure, it'd be a bit of a gamble to take it just seems to be one of those things that people don't talk about because nobody wants to pay that much but the people that do own them say they're amazing so i can't help but be curious. flangers are pretty intensive builds normally so i try to be open minded about the really expensive ones.

anyway the flanger fund is mostly drained now cos i unexpectedly won an auction on an original A/DA with the control pedal :yay:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear