Tonefactor Ultralord

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Tonefactor Ultralord

Postby scabiosa » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:14 am

Hi guys,

anyone experience with this one?

I'd like to use it for velcro-sitar-brokenradiofuzz tones. A good idea or should I look elsewhere?

:trippy:
scabiosa

committed
committed

Re: Tonefactor Ultralord

Postby goroth » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:59 am

velcrobot Velcrobot velcrobot Velcrobot Velcrobot Velcrobot velcrobot Velcrobot
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby scabiosa » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:13 pm

goroth wrote:velcrobot Velcrobot velcrobot Velcrobot Velcrobot Velcrobot velcrobot Velcrobot

thanks a lot man!
but that is totally not an answer to my question :excellent:

I wonno know about the U L T R A L O R D
man
scabiosa

committed
committed

Postby alexsga » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:15 pm

scabiosa wrote:or should I look elsewhere?

:trippy:

alexsga wrote:

Tom Dalton wrote:The Peligro is one of the best fuzzes I've used.
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby Schlatte » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Ultralord is fun, but not usable to nail a specific tone in my experience. It is too unstable. If you set it on the verge of oscillation (if you're lucky enough to stop it from oscillating all the time) and look at it at a certain angle it will start screaming and oscillating again. It's a fun beast to play around with. But for reliable brokenvelcrofuzztoanz I would look elsewhere:
goroth wrote:velcrobot Velcrobot velcrobot Velcrobot Velcrobot Velcrobot velcrobot Velcrobot
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby voerking » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:00 pm

i loved the ULTRALORD. i owned three of them at various points, and also had a friend build me a clone (which didn't turn out exactly like i wanted it to - :( ).

yes, it oscillates at almost all settings. i used it before a volume pedal, so i just manually gated it when i needed to. i thought (and still do) that it's one of the best fuzzes around. not versatile at all, but i didn't really need it to be.

i still kind of wish i had one again...
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 pm

T O N E F A C T O R U L T R A L O R D

kind of sounds like some kind of French->Japanese->English->French->English translation.

I must have it.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:27 pm

scabiosa wrote:

thanks a lot man!
but that is totally not an answer to my question :excellent:

I wonno know about the U L T R A L O R D
man

You don't need to know... because... VELCROBOT! :)
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:39 am

Yes VELCROBOT is the tits.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:39 am

For reals. I suggested it because it matches every word of he description of what you're after dude. Sorry if I didn't make it clear that my suggestion was actually serious.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Tristan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:08 am

But not sitar right?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:14 am

You could probably do it with the gain down and the bot down. I'll try it later!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ugly Nora » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:43 am

goroth wrote:For reals. I suggested it because it matches every word of he description of what you're after dude. Sorry if I didn't make it clear that my suggestion was actually serious.

Don't apologize. His post clearly states "or should I look elsewhere?" as if to indicate he is open to other suggestions. Why someone who claims they are open to other suggestions becomes ignorant when someone actually makes another suggestion is a question that probably only a team of psychiatrists can answer.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:50 am

Ok. I know little about sitar sounds, so I compared it to a Escobodo jawari demo on youtube.

Velcrobot has waaaaay more gain. And no upper octave pseudo ring mod stuff that you'd get in a jawari type circuit.

But.

You can reduce the sustain, and get quite honky sounds out of it. This setting, with a fixed flange and a ultra short delay would sound interesting. Sounded great on its own. Not a sitar, no, but sounds very cool playing quasi indian scales. And you can increase any one of the knobs to get slightly more sustain out of it to play some cool wacky sounding leads. Nice buzzing artifacts too. If you were actually good at Indian scales and knew stuff about the music then I think the Velcrobot would be a way more useful tool than the jawari.

After playing a bit I will admit that its forte is in trumpety sounds, saxy sounds, broken radio, glitchy octave down, velcro fuzz and monster fuzz. And it can self oscillate. Or it can oscillate and then gate itself when you aren't playing.

Now that I've actually watched some demos of the Ultralord I would not hesitate to say it can get every sound that I heard (on the admittedly weak youtube demos there are of this pedal).

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby scabiosa » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks a lot folks!!

And indeed no apologies needed here, just wanted to know more about the ultralord but it seems there is better stuff for the velcro broken fuzz sounds

I had an old fix'd fuzz that was cool for those sounds but traded it... I certainly will check the velcrobot, also looking at a big john hairy balls
scabiosa

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Gear