Help me fill my board!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Help me fill my board!

Postby UncleBBQ » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 pm

I guess I forgot to mention that I have a Spring Chicken, whoops! Haha.

I wanna get a DL4 and maybe some other EQD stuff :D
Hacksaw approves this message.
UncleBBQ

committed
committed

Postby frigid midget » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Sounds like you've got everything covered. You could probably easily get by with less actually, so at this point I'd look at tuner pedals, volume pedals, good patch cables, power supplies...

What amp areyou using btw? Anything that would benefit from some sort of extra drive/boost/dirt?

Also, I know you mensioned the boss looper, but since it's cheap and small, and a ton of fun for shoegaze and well, any other genre i can think of: EHX Freeze.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UncleBBQ » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Yeah, this board is purely for fun. I don't really care if it is overkill. Just want to play around and make cool shit :D

I'm picking up a Fender Vaporizer this week because I found one diiiiiick cheap. That'll hold me over until I save up some money for a twin reverb or something.
UncleBBQ

committed
committed

twin

Postby frigid midget » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:02 pm

UncleBBQ wrote:Yeah, this board is purely for fun. I don't really care if it is overkill. Just want to play around and make cool shit :D

I'm picking up a Fender Vaporizer this week because I found one diiiiiick cheap. That'll hold me over until I save up some money for a twin reverb or something.

I did indeed mean your board is overkill. I didn't mean to say overkill is a bad thing though. At least not when it comes to pedals :)

Hell, my 'downsized' board in the making is still way way way overkill concidering I'm talentless as well as bandless :)

You do want to focus on getting a nice amp before you collect a fortune worth of boutique pedlols though, just impo.

A twin would be a great choice for the type of stuff you're looking to play. As I'm sure you know though, it's not the ideal amp for home use. A deluxe reverb will actually do fine in most band/rehearsel situations as well in your living room, and it'll obviously cost you considerably less than a twin.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UncleBBQ » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah a deluxe reverb would be nice. I just gotta keep hunting as I save up the funds.

I usually try all pedals in my bass rig first before picking what stays and what heads to the guitar rig. This board is pretty bare bones compared to my bass one lol.
UncleBBQ

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear