Setup of the day thread?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Setup of the day thread?

Postby braaandooon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Yah hes a good kid, been a little upset I won't let him play with my gear. It makes things easier as it gives him somthing to do as I'm in the process of writing music for the project I have going. He's excited though, he's always talking about how hes in a band with his dad.

He mainly likes making noise and playing with the momentary feedback switch on the rm-1n. Also loves his new mystery cort. Hope my daughter on the way is just as cool.
Biggest Muff --> http://imgur.com/Tif0mdU

braaandooon

experienced
experienced

Postby resincum » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:08 pm

haha that's soo rad. I get so giggidy when my daughter messes with my pedals/guitar while I'm playing. she gets this crazy look of fascination then acts like she knows her shit :lol: if she ever gets upset about me not letting her drone out, I will consider that a parenting achievement :rock:

also, congrats! I'm sure she will be :thumb: then you guys can get all Pig Snout with it :D
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Dudes that's awesome that your kids join in with music fun. Especially the noise and weird stuff, let them start early and they won't be boring adults! :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby braaandooon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Lol, right on, I find it very amusing that my boy already uses the words "oscillating" and "feedback" as a part of his daily vocabulary. Its especially funny when he's trying to explain it to his playmates, they just look at him all dumbfounded and confused.

He'll definitely be inheriting my 71' competition mustang when he gets the whole responsibility and respect thing down.

braaandooon

experienced
experienced

Postby neonblack » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:28 pm

My kid used to love my MASF Raptio. I would play and let him glitch my riffs out all he wanted. He was just as sad as I was when I sold it.

I'll get him one for his birthday. I'll just hold it for him till he's 18 :cool:
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm

I really want to try a Raptio after hearing so much about it on ILF..
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 pm

It's kind of a one-trick pony, but its a fun trick.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Several tricks if you give it time. Freeze, killswitch, glitch. It does everything you'd ever need. :joy: My favourite pedal that isn't an oscillating fuzz.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby KaosCill8r » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:45 am

braaandooon wrote:Lol, right on, I find it very amusing that my boy already uses the words "oscillating" and "feedback" as a part of his daily vocabulary. Its especially funny when he's trying to explain it to his playmates, they just look at him all dumbfounded and confused.

:lol: That is too cute. Can you record him talking about "oscillating and feedback"? I've got to hear that.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fever606 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 pm

One of the Envelope Filter thingys on the XP-100 does fun stuff after modulation effects...

https://instagram.com/p/1gS9G1RFFn/
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:43 pm

KaosCill8r wrote:
braaandooon wrote:Lol, right on, I find it very amusing that my boy already uses the words "oscillating" and "feedback" as a part of his daily vocabulary. Its especially funny when he's trying to explain it to his playmates, they just look at him all dumbfounded and confused.

:lol: That is too cute. Can you record him talking about "oscillating and feedback"? I've got to hear that.

Very related:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby braaandooon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:33 pm

KaosCill8r wrote: :lol: That is too cute. Can you record him talking about "oscillating and feedback"? I've got to hear that.

Actually have some video on my phone of him saying it. The problem is posting it. My forum etiquette sucks. Just finally got an app to resize pics so I'm not blowing up the screens of pc and mac ilfer's.

I mainly hop on here from my phone when playing hookie at work. Really enjoy the broad audience here minus the giant pissing matches at other forums.

One of these days i'll quit buying amps and pedals and finish buying some recording gear that I'm really needing. Learning how to use the shit will be a different story. Probably have a recording for idiots thread soon, as my bandmates are of no help either.

braaandooon

experienced
experienced

Postby kbit » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

I dont know if ive ever been this happy with a bass set up before.

Super Ego in auto mode and a fair amount of gliss is like a less saturated shoegaze reverse verb. Flip over to latch for the drones.

Fat Sandwich for low gain grindy distortion. might have to tweak the trim pots inside more but I like it for now. I set it up for almost the least gain possible and it sounds sweet.

el Cap for DMM esque floaty repeats. Using the multihead mode (1&2) for a bit more texture. I used sos mode a bit with these settings and it got prettt lofi pretty quick, but having another looper helpa make it stack and blend well.

Mini as a preamp. Would eventually like to replace with a dedicated preamp or actual amp so I can use it as a fuzz.

DD7 for looping and reverse. Will probably switch out for my DD20 to make switching between the two easier.

I love this shit :yay:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Killer setup kbit, mini, elcap and superego are staples of my setup. Auto mode for what your describing is so cool, didn't think I would use it like that before I got it but its so lush
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goosekevin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:20 pm

https://instagram.com/p/1jvU_FgHUM/

Setup of yesterday-but-the-loop-stayed-saved-and-I-liked-it

I think this was baritone jazzy -> el cap -> misty cave -> super ego mainly
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear