Need some board help!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Need some board help!

Postby Confuzzled » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:24 pm

confuzz_board.jpg
confuzz_board.jpg (282.65 KiB) Viewed 209 times

Hi All!

Need some advice! Heres the current state of my board. I've numbered the pedals in order of signal path with the Organizer getting 8A because it's in the effects loop of the superego.

when I run the superego, memory man, echo shifter, and verbzilla at the same time the signal gets hot and starts to distort. individually they are fine. is there something I can put in between them to buffer the signal? Not sure if that's the right term. Would a compressor work? I like the sounds I'm getting with all engaged until it starts distorting.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Need some board help!

Postby Confuzzled » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Also the PN-2 is a placeholder while my hummingbird gets repaired by the great folks at EQD!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby sonidero » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:30 pm

An effects loop going into two delays with reverb is going to inherently get noisier and start to distort as the repeats build up...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:54 pm

What kind of amp are you running? Does it seem like the distortion is from your amp or something else.

I seem to remember the verbzilla clipping fairly easily from a hot signal, so that might be the culprit.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Sonidero - Never thought of it but it makes sense. Going to try putting the organizer after the superego and see how that goes.

Kbithecrowing - currently using an orange micro. All I can fit in my apartment!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby sonidero » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:03 pm

The Echo Shifter is BBD right??? Try playing both delays and reverb and see if it does the same thing... Reverse the delay order or try one further back in the chain... You have the delay and reverb last and they are just going to keep building and repeating what's in front of them... Maybe try less fdbk/mix on one or all three???
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Return to General Gear