Has anyone got their Mtl Asm Count to Five yet?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Has anyone got their Mtl Asm Count to Five yet?

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:57 am

Is it really good?

I just paid Scott and he warned me there's about 2 weeks of delay from paying to shipping because of huge influx of orders. But has anyone already got theirs?

I find that I have trouble with looping. So I figured I'd get something really inspiring and unique to help me with putting some textures behind my playing and I think that the CT5 might be it. Want it mainly for drones and glitchy stuff. I mean... setting it in the right way, recording something and getting it instantly an octave above in reverse and octave below must be really nice :!!!:

So? Any owners yet?
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Has anyone got their Mtl Asm Count to Five yet?

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:14 am

DarkAxel wrote:
So? Any owners yet?

There is a thread of owners/orderers in the shark tank, mtl.asm forum. I've had mine for a couple weeks now and put up some demos in my demo thread if you wanna hear one persons initial impressions with the pedal and its different modes...nothing with an expression pedal or quantizing. I also recently acquired a gb24 and compare the two in one of my demos. Overall I am very very very pleased and inspired by the ct5. It's great for stacking samples and playing over them. :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:25 am

I have mine since wednesday. Awesome Pedal.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:44 am

Mine got here yesterday!
I'm liking it but it's a different thing from the Goodbye 24 I'd say, because of the higher resolution it has more highs content and gets perceivably louder than the Goodbye 24 (wherever you set the mix knob it's pretty much always louder than unity gain), I like the filtering / sound of the Goodbye 24 better, it's a bit more special, though the Count To Five is really a lot less noisy which is a good thing I think.
So yeah, I'm still fighting a bit with the mix knob because it has very little range where I actually want to set the pedal (mix halfway up is already way too loud for me and 3/4 up you don't hear the effect much), going to have a look whether it has an internal trimpot to set it up a bit differently like the Goodbye 24 has.
The other two modes are pretty awesome as well and an incredibly great addition to the pedal, when you get the mix knob set right there's definitely lots of possibilities to make some crazy textured loops in the background.

EDIT:
Had some more time in and my previous comment of the Count To Five always being perceivably louder than the Goodbye 24 isn't completely true, the higher pitched voices seem to be because of the already mentioned more highs content but the Count To Five also seems to react more extremely to different feedback settings.
I'm loving it now with some lower feedback settings so the higher arpeggiated stuff doesn't get too much out of control and it also has some rhythmic content to it, it's a really cool sound that is quite different from the Goodbye 24, I also love the reverse delay settings on the Count To Five, I'd say it's worth it for those sounds alone.
Awesome stuff right there. :joy: :omg: :!!!:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:03 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:
So? Any owners yet?

There is a thread of owners/orderers in the shark tank, mtl.asm forum. I've had mine for a couple weeks now and put up some demos in my demo thread if you wanna hear one persons initial impressions with the pedal and its different modes...nothing with an expression pedal or quantizing. I also recently acquired a gb24 and compare the two in one of my demos. Overall I am very very very pleased and inspired by the ct5. It's great for stacking samples and playing over them. :thumb:

well i'm dumb :facepalm:
yeah i've seen those videos I think :)

i'm mainly interested in the second two modes. I mean - i'm interested in all of them, but the second two modes are the reason why i'm buying it to use in my band :) Glad to hear they are cool
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weed_killer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:31 am

I got mine before anyone else, actually, because I live closest to montreal. I like running the gb24 into the ct5's first mode for a kind of 'goodbye concentrate' sound. You can hear the original notes being forced into something totally foreign. The second mode is my favourite so far - I've been using it in reverse to get some fripp/eno tape loop sounds. With the right loop the third mode is fantastic - you can get lost blending the three different pitches together. It's a different animal than its predecessor for sure, which is why I have both on my board.
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby leaves turn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:12 am

Ordered mine on the 14th. First thing I'm going to try is have it do glitchy re-sampling near the front of my chain. Kinda like what I would use an Anti-Nautilus for, if I ever got one :(
disclaimer: I'm an engineer with DigiTech/DOD
good deals
leaves turn

experienced
experienced

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 am

weed_killer wrote:The second mode is my favourite so far - I've been using it in reverse to get some fripp/eno tape loop sounds. With the right loop the third mode is fantastic - you can get lost blending the three different pitches together.

fripp/eno tape loop sounds

I knew I made the right decision

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Joe Gress » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:23 pm

GODDAMMIT SOMEONE BUY MY SHIT SO I CAN BUY ONE TOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
awesome signature with witty quotes from all you fuckers :)
Joe Gress

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lifetimesupply » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:01 am

Hanging out for mine, I thought I got in pretty quick too. Have any fellow Aussies got theirs yet?
lifetimesupply

interested
interested

Postby Jsteed » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Not yet, but then I only ordered a week ago so I'm probably not the best yardstick...
Jsteed

involved
involved

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 pm

I was thinking of using my anti nautilus money for this if I'm not fast enough. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby voerking » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 am

i am waiting, as well. just over 2 weeks. scott said he thinks i'm in this week's batch. :yay:
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 am

Going to be gigging mine tonight. Using it on GB24 mode to give massive octaves up/kinda boss pitchshifterish type sounds for the guitar side of my chain
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 am

Emailed, but my Mtl Asm money turned into Secret Santa money. Very excited for an eventual acquisition, though.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear