Weird tremolos?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Weird tremolos?

Postby darthbatman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 pm

glad i came in here cause i learned about musicpcb.com and my life has instantly improved :D
darthbatman

committed
committed

Postby The Mad Titan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 am

Gigahearts_FX wrote:
The Mad Titan wrote:Gig-FX Chopper is an absolutely awesome trem that can do some crazy shit. It's two trems in one, a triangle and a squarewave, and they can be blended for some cray-cray noise making.

that does look pretty cool. Would have been nice if the LFO shapes were selectable per side, allowing dual Square or dual Triangle ALA the Lovetone Wobulator.

Yeah it would, but I'm not complaining. It's an incredibly delicious sounding pedal, and the buffer is one of those you always want on just because of the way it seems to improve signal. Just seems to give a little more back of everything when running it in my loop, particularly when splitting the signal between two amps.

Also, I've lusted after Lovetone pedals for a long time, but that's a lot of scratch for a pedal.

Also, if you love trem, then you'll appreciate this. The way I run my set up I have both the Chopper, the trem on my amp (Tremoverb), the reverb on my amp, and the reverb on the amp that's slaved to my tremoverb via my stereo pedals. Running one speed on the amp, another speed (or 2 depending on setting) on the Chopper, and then both verbs maxed is crazy cool sounding.

Add my Echolution 2D and...

The Mad Titan

committed
committed

Postby colossus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

That Chopper is awesome!
colossus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
Gigahearts_FX wrote: the Lovetone Wobulator.

mmmmmmmmmmmm.....Wobulator, best tremolo is Lovetone tremolo.

It certainly is a gorgeous sounding thing, particularly in stereo. :)

:group: lovetone bros
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:03 am

darthbatman wrote:glad i came in here cause i learned about musicpcb.com and my life has instantly improved :D

all the projects there are excellent. Ive build numerous PCBs from Taylor, all quality
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby K2000 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Alesis Ampliton has dual trems and can sometimes be found for cheap, if you can work with a desktop unit (and it requires an Alesis AC adapter).

K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Moose » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:41 pm

There's an Alesis ampliton in a pawn shop near me for about £19.00 (approx 30 US dollars), I've been tempted to get it but because it's a desktop unit I've been put off by it.
Moose

committed
committed

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Moose wrote:There's an Alesis ampliton in a pawn shop near me for about £19.00 (approx 30 US dollars), I've been tempted to get it but because it's a desktop unit I've been put off by it.

Decent price, probably easily flipped if you don't like it, though the Bitrman or whatever it was is the one with the real cult following. Worth knowing that this is a pure digital effect--everything goes through the converters. (Same goes for my Adrenalinn, which is my go-to wild trem pedal. I would suggest it, but I doubt it'll work for OP if the Line 6 and the Slicer won't.)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear