Korg Miku stomp. I'm in love.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Korg Miku stomp. I'm in love.

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:34 am

elevenstrings wrote:miku owners - have you left it on powered all-night? do you need to reboot it in the morning when you do so? trying to find out if this normal or not.

cool pedal, but the latency is tricky for me - i'm too ingrained to play on the beat instead of in front of it. It reminds me of the Roland GR-20 I had years ago. haha

yeah you really have to get creative to get it working to a set beat or anything
one way i've found to do this is having it run into the masf possessed set so that it glitches at a regular tempo, it makes it way easier for me to get like timed riffs going with the miku.

i think it would be cool if they made a hardware MIDI sound module for it so that the pitch to MIDI conversion wasn't done in the pedal, that way as tracking technology improved we could get better results, and you'd be able to run midi outputs from synths into it. i guess that could all be done with a computer but vocaloid software is still really japanese-centric (for a good reason :lol: ) and not particularly easy to use.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby elevenstrings » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:02 pm

I've been learning the latency by setting the Miku to Random 1 or Random 2 and playing along to vocal melodies from cheesy anime themes and j-pop. I think Random is the slowest as far as latency and the "n" sound definitely has a slight volume drop, but trying to sync up exactly to the melodies is helping me to learn to "play" this pedal immensely. lol

example:
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Fun: Miku Stomp into MAK Octronix, RM-1N, HF-2, and TR-2. Still haven't found a distortion I like with it. Yet.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 pm

elevenstrings wrote:I've been learning the latency by setting the Miku to Random 1 or Random 2 and playing along to vocal melodies from cheesy anime themes and j-pop. I think Random is the slowest as far as latency and the "n" sound definitely has a slight volume drop, but trying to sync up exactly to the melodies is helping me to learn to "play" this pedal immensely. lol

example:

that's an awesome idea, need to try that.
the random modes are my favourite, definitely feels more natural to play to and has a bit of variation, a couple of the modes sound either too deep or too piercing to my ears.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 pm

but how does it compare to a Klon??

AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Clockworker » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:01 pm

samzadgan wrote:but how does it compare to a Klon??

That's fucking great, especially because I just spent yesterday actually listening to demos of the Klon and Klones for the first time, including the one from that channel versus a Soul Food. What excellent timing! Now I want to hear a Miku into and out of the Klon.
Good experiences buying from: DannDubbleEwe, The_Active_Conundrum, bob_the_r0bot, benjuro, casecandy, Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Good experiences trading with: cpoppell
Clockworker

committed
committed

Postby univalve » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 pm

elevenstrings wrote:I've been learning the latency by setting the Miku to Random 1 or Random 2 and playing along to vocal melodies from cheesy anime themes and j-pop. I think Random is the slowest as far as latency and the "n" sound definitely has a slight volume drop, but trying to sync up exactly to the melodies is helping me to learn to "play" this pedal immensely. lol

example:

I use only the random mode too. Love the fake vocal stuff i can create that way.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cloudscapes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:29 pm

this needs to go in a feedback loop
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby leaves turn » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Delay w/ Miku fx loop. Please.
disclaimer: I'm an engineer with DigiTech/DOD
good deals
leaves turn

experienced
experienced

Postby TheOndrakGuy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 am

cloudscapes wrote:this needs to go in a feedback loop
TheOndrakGuy

committed
committed

Postby bob the r0bot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:21 pm

It just freezes at one pitch in a feedback loop*. If you put it in a delay effects loop with a pitch shifter though, that could be interesting.

*edit, actually, I'm gonna check that again.

OKAY GUYS, HERE'S SOME SHIT
PUTTING HER IN A FEEDBACK LOOP DOES NOT A LOT, BUT IF YOU HAVE A STEREO DELAY, YOU CAN PUT HER IN A LOOP BETWEEN ONE OF THE OUTPUTS AND THE INPUT AND THE REPEATS WILL CAUSE HER TO RE TRIGGER.

This is her with a PDS 20/20. Miku's out is connected to the input, the stereo out is connected to her input, and the main out is connected to the amp. I've got the modulation going to get some pitch variance going.

More sounds!
Same set up as before, but the PDS's modulation is off and there is a whammy set to 4th down in the loop too. The reverb was added in post.
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:39 pm

:lol: :thumb:
That first clip is hilarious!
The second sounds really beautiful I think, a bit like what I'm experiencing with the Miku combined with the CT5 and a delay.
I don't think I have a stereo delay, I have a Boss DD-5 but if I remember correctly it isn't true stereo, just wet / dry, I've got a DMM-550TT though so I could try that.
Did you play notes on your guitar in those examples too or was the whole sequence just triggered by playing one note and fiddling around with the PDS afterwards?
What's the difference between putting the Miku after the delay and doing it this other way really?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bob the r0bot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:46 pm

I touched my finger to the cable and latched so I had some noise to trigger the initial Miku. Aside from that, I didn't do anything to influence it. The DD5 should work, just make sure that the wet out goes to the Miku.

the difference between doing it this way and just using a feedback loop is that the delayed repeat goes into the Miku. It's got an input delay buffer to let the bend function work, so if you don't put enough delay between the output and input, it will just detect it's own pitch and drone. Full disclosure though, I don't own a feedback looper like the Chk Chk Boom, but the drone is what happens when I prop the guitar against the amp.
soundcloud................https://soundcloud.com/datingsite
My vanity label.............https://newemotive.bandcamp.com/releases (new stuff added 12/4/16)

Check out my rack.........https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/178913
kusherment wrote:Weed is kushed by hitting other weed.
bob the r0bot

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:49 pm

That second clips is great. Miku GAS is back. Dammit.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:47 am

I have a Chk Chk Boom. Miku just sort of drones. I like running the SOMMS into her and making her glitch. I use the vowel sounds a lot for a synth squarewave.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear