fuzzy / gritty overdrive

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: fuzzy / gritty overdrive

Postby Derelict78 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:57 pm

I just acquired a Penney pedals low fuzz. And it is a low gain gritty fuzz. I'm realy diggin it.
aen wrote:Or I'll just use fuzz. Then Ill sound cool regardless.

Achtane wrote:Well, volcanoes are pretty fuckin' cool. Like I guess lava flows are doomy. Slow and still able to to melt your eardrums.
Derelict78

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dan_abnormal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:18 am

Ev_O))) wrote:PP Fingerprint
SS/BS Mini

^ This ^

I'd also add the Basic Audio Futureman.
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

GOOD DEALS WITH: noisescape - Kayzer - phantasmagorovich - LoFuzz - jesterhead - JT23 - MSUsousaphone - leroy_pimpdaddy - AngryGoldfish - buyyerown - jskadiang - DarkAxel - Eric! - jmoote - theavondon - onyxrhino - Tigerbass - voerking - Abanoise - Doctor X - jb2106 - bass_econo - fuzzmax - aedes - Tom Dalton - Brobee - blunder - ianmarks - TweedBassman - amorphous - benjuro - jwar - themeanreds
dan_abnormal

committed
committed

Postby jrmy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:22 am

braaandooon wrote:LAL Lluna, and Fuzzrocious Ram the Manparts are my favorites, Providence Stampede DT is another great pedal for gritty overdrive tones. Figured I'd throw some things out there that are not the ILF norm.

I've been interested in the Ram the Manparts for a while now - I should really check that one out in person...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 am

Sorry to thread jack but where does the Moog drive sit in the overdrive/fuzz place? I've played around with the drive knob on my 104m delay and it can get really fuzzy so I'm assuming the drive is similar in ways? It interests me a lot especially pushing something or being pushed.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 am

sergiomunoz74 wrote:Sorry to thread jack but where does the Moog drive sit in the overdrive/fuzz place? I've played around with the drive knob on my 104m delay and it can get really fuzzy so I'm assuming the drive is similar in ways? It interests me a lot especially pushing something or being pushed.

That is a good question.

I've got one on the way.

I'll let you know.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Gewdddd gewdd can't wait for the report!
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Hacken » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Red Llama.
Hacken

committed
committed

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:04 am

Anyone have or use an astrotone fuzz? They are supposed to be very vintage overdrive sounding fuzz. They are based on the Sam Ash FUZZZZ Box from the late 60's. I have a clone kit coming in the mail. Looking forward to building and playing with that.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chutneyfarmer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:57 am

How about the Durham Crazy Horse.......

Or a clone thereof.
Good Transactions With:
Achtane
in2thegapagain85
Proroby
zezozeceglutz
MEC
echobaseone
Skullservant
Rob Fossil
Psyre
chutneyfarmer

experienced
experienced

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 am

chutneyfarmer wrote:How about the Durham Crazy Horse.......

Or a clone thereof.

Yeah this. I built a clone of a Durham Crazy Horse. Great versatile pedal. Does the Neil Young sound really well. But it does a whole lot more. Does some nice o.d and fuzz. Also makes your amp sound like it's about to explode. But in a good way. Bit of a learning curve but a lot of fun to be had while learning.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ro_S » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 am

KaosCill8r wrote:Anyone have or use an astrotone fuzz? They are supposed to be very vintage overdrive sounding fuzz. They are based on the Sam Ash FUZZZZ Box from the late 60's. I have a clone kit coming in the mail. Looking forward to building and playing with that.

Is that clone kit that of the Analogman Astrotone or the original 60s AstrtoAmp Astrotone? (i thought the original 1960s Sam Ash Fuzz Boxx was just a re-branded 60s Astrotone made by the same people, no?)
Effects for Me & My Monkey
http://www.facebook.com/effectsformeandmymonkey
Online Store:
http://effectsformemymonkey.bigcartel.com/
Declaration of interest: official distributor, Sharptone FX (handmade fuzz pedals)
Ro_S

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am

KaosCill8r wrote:

Or a clone thereof.

Yeah this. I built a clone of a Durham Crazy Horse. Great versatile pedal. Does the Neil Young sound really well. But it does a whole lot more. Does some nice o.d and fuzz. Also makes your amp sound like it's about to explode. But in a good way. Bit of a learning curve but a lot of fun to be had while learning.

Do you still have it? I'd love to see a pic. I have a Crazy Horse and it's rare I see another person who uses them. :joy:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 am

Ro_S wrote:
KaosCill8r wrote:Anyone have or use an astrotone fuzz? They are supposed to be very vintage overdrive sounding fuzz. They are based on the Sam Ash FUZZZZ Box from the late 60's. I have a clone kit coming in the mail. Looking forward to building and playing with that.

Is that clone kit that of the Analogman Astrotone or the original 60s AstrtoAmp Astrotone? (i thought the original 1960s Sam Ash Fuzz Boxx was just a re-branded 60s Astrotone made by the same people, no?)

The kit comes with the components to build both versions, the original 60's and the analogman version with the extended tone sweep. I will probably build the analogman version.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

friendship wrote:
KaosCill8r wrote:

Or a clone thereof.

Do you still have it? I'd love to see a pic. I have a Crazy Horse and it's rare I see another person who uses them. :joy:

Yeah I still have it, love it and use it. No pics at the moment. Will be FINALY posting my pedalboard in the next week. Just waiting on an astrotone clone kit to come and tidy up a few loose ends and it will be posted.
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 pm

KaosCill8r wrote:Yeah I still have it, love it and use it. No pics at the moment. Will be FINALY posting my pedalboard in the next week. Just waiting on an astrotone clone kit to come and tidy up a few loose ends and it will be posted.

Sweet! Did you augment the circuit at all, or is it a straight clone? I love mine too, it's my #1 dirt pedal and has been for years.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear