Which modulation?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Which modulation?

Postby friendship » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:31 pm

frigid midget wrote:Update: I kinda sorta just closed a deal on an '80s dlxe Electric Mistress. It'll be a nightmare to rearange my pedalboard :facepalm:

You have acted with great honor and courage.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Cool score!
In case you're still interested, about the vibes, The Depths is definitely way less phat and vibey than the Mono Vibe in my opinion, same goes for the Microvibe and the Villanova seems to be quite close to The Depths judging from the video's, I think someone on here also had one and he wasn't too enthusiastic about it either.
Those are all no go's in my book when looking for a really good vibe.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rustywire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Tristan wrote:...way less phat and vibey...

Yeah I've read similar accounts but haven't tried one myself.
I've tried a few lampless/transistorless designs...and seems the "chip vibes" are better at the pitchy wobble of the vibrato mode, rather than the lush pulse and throb of the chorus mode....and a vibe is all about the chorus mode. IMO obv :hobbes:

The Depths does use 4 photocells, but the similarities in the circuits appear to end there:

Depths:

Sixties vibe:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear