NPD: (don't) Let me annoy everyone to hell and back

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: NPD: (don't) Let me annoy everyone to hell and back

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:02 pm

after some playing

I love the S-Bend for the Radiohead OK Computer type stuff. Decent tracking even with chords and such colourful sound...
Not a big fan of the Harmony section, but I bought it for octaves anyway, so not a big problem... one great thing the octave harmony does is that it's far more glitchy with chords in an awesome way. maybe not as useful in band situation, but for home recording - yeah, great
the Pitch Shift mode is cool, too, but it's a bit more laggy and has this vibrato-ish unstable feel to it. Expected it to be better. However it makes you sound a bit organ-esque maybe?

different modes have different octave behaviour. actualy quite a surprise. Anyway - the big make or break thing for me is how it's going to sound on bass. Since i'm going to focus on bass much more now, I need it to be good or sell and use the money towards a new bass :idk: will test shortly tomorrow and sometime over the weekend in rehearsal, too
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Glad you got it safely man! :thumb:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08 am

I have a GT-001 allegedly here today (with crossover/envelope filtering in it for two signal chains), has a PS-06 inside as well as other stuff.

Looking forward to hearing how it sounds on my VI among other things - I haven't touched a modern Boss PS on a bass in a long, long time and I'm a much different player now.

So TL;DR - relevant to my interests, will report back with my findings as well.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ryan summit » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:52 am

get an expression pedal
i promise it gets better
and the stereo options are awesome
ups and downs to different amps
i still use mine heavily after 2-3 yrs
bought a ps5 just to detune one cab as well
get the 5 and 6 both goin with s-bend and t-arm
forget it
theres voices in there i swear it
ryan summit

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Wes Mantooth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:52 am

My bass should be arriving today. I kind of feel like doing a bunch of demos this weekend so maybe I'll do a PS6 bass demo.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 pm

After owning it literally for a day

Didn't dig it that much on bass. Loved the chorus, but the octave down beyond A didn't work for me at all... I didn't even think it was glitchy - I just thought it was not tracking at all :lol:
and then i mindlessly checked local sites for used basses and found something so rad...
so sorry, but the PS-6 has to go and make the dough to pay for a bitchin' vintage bass... Will let y'all know next week :)

I'm sort of :facepalm: but i'm still grateful to BitchPudding and now i know where to look for these toans should I ever crave them :D
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby darthbatman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Wes Mantooth wrote:My bass should be arriving today. I kind of feel like doing a bunch of demos this weekend so maybe I'll do a PS6 bass demo.

nice i remember you saying you were in search of new bass, what'd you wind up getting man?
darthbatman

committed
committed

Postby Wes Mantooth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:17 pm

darthbatman wrote:
Wes Mantooth wrote:My bass should be arriving today. I kind of feel like doing a bunch of demos this weekend so maybe I'll do a PS6 bass demo.

nice i remember you saying you were in search of new bass, what'd you wind up getting man?

Found a used Sterling S.U.B. Ray4 with the satin blue finish and rosewood fretboard for $250 on eBay. Made it my first PP Bill Me Later purchase and got $10 off too :!!!:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Wes Mantooth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Oh and yeah I'm not expecting the octave down to work on bass at all, it doesn't even work on my guitar. More interested in the chorus and glitchy harmonizing.

Can't wait to see what you got for a bass DA!
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:32 pm

DarkAxel wrote:After owning it literally for a day

Didn't dig it that much on bass. Loved the chorus, but the octave down beyond A didn't work for me at all... I didn't even think it was glitchy - I just thought it was not tracking at all :lol:
and then i mindlessly checked local sites for used basses and found something so rad...
so sorry, but the PS-6 has to go and make the dough to pay for a bitchin' vintage bass... Will let y'all know next week :)

I'm sort of :facepalm: but i'm still grateful to BitchPudding and now i know where to look for these toans should I ever crave them :D

As long as you get something out of it dude. :thumb: BEST BE GETTING PICS OF THAT SWEET VINTAGE BASS GURL.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Obulus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

DarkAxel wrote:so sorry, but the PS-6 has to go and make the dough to pay for a bitchin' vintage bass... Will let y'all know next week :)

Let me know if you get rid of it! I really don't know if I can afford it right now, but I do have a collection to complete...

And I've been wanting to try that S-bend feature for some time now too. Goddamn gear decisions :facepalm:
Obulus

experienced
experienced

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:41 am

I don'T want to overhype the bass, especially because I realize that for most of you, it will be a normal thing. But we don't get many of THOSE here, so...

will post pictures in a separate thread for sure :thumb:

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:32 am

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear