Moderator: Ghost Hip

new DBA reverb !!!

Postby jb2106 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:47 pm

jb2106

committed
committed

Re: new DBA reverb !!!

Postby skullservant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Interesting. Looks like they opted for a tone switch instead of a tone knob. Interested to see if that's the only difference
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby onyxrhino » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:31 pm

I was hoping for a ring mod fuzz from them (I thought I read something on here months ago that it was in the works). This doesn't look all that interesting to me. Wasn't the Sunshine Reverberation generally considered not-all-that-great by most who got one (flip prices notwithstanding)?
onyxrhino

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:32 pm

It was pretty okay. Really lofi and pushed the reverb brick to the max
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby onyxrhino » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:34 pm

skullservant wrote:It was pretty okay. Really lofi and pushed the reverb brick to the max

Do you still own it?
onyxrhino

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Nah. The lack of volume control + the need for money made me sell it. I didn't flip it for a stupid price though!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby onyxrhino » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:39 pm

skullservant wrote:Nah. The lack of volume control + the need for money made me sell it. I didn't flip it for a stupid price though!

It just seemed to me like everybody flipped their's, but then, I guess the price had something to do with it.
onyxrhino

experienced
experienced

Postby transients » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:40 pm

I thought the Sunshine sounded cool but needed refinement (and I didn't really care for feedbacking reverb), I ended up flipping it because I heard DBA was working on this verb and I didn't want to get echo-dreamed again and left with an inferior version that I paid more for... Judging from the control layout so far, this looks promising, can't wait to hear dem clipzzz.
transients

committed
committed

Postby O Drones » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:42 pm

"The Reverberation Machine is a synthetic atmosphere creator. Use the effect on any instrument to add depth and simulate different environments. Experiment and combine a variety of settings to obtain the perfect ambiance for your sound.

The controls on this pedal are straightforward. Volume, Altitude, Reverb Blend and two distinct reverb flavors: Bright Sunshine and Dark Star. Altitude adjusts the gain structure of the reverb and the clean simultaneously creating exciting new reverberation soundscapes that span from subtle to wild.

Although the controls are extremely easy to use and intuitive, there is a vast array of sounds. Everything from simulations of vintage amp verb, playing in a cave, large concert halls, and space ships being sucked into wormholes.

Let your sound shimmer and breathe with new dimension. Get the Reverberation Machine now."

Yeah, I want it. :facepalm:
O Drones

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Thats the one thing the old reverb could do awesomely- make you sound like you were playing a completely trashed old Fender amp with the springs exposed. Loved that about it. What's funny is it used the same Belton chips as most other reverbs, they just tweaked it in a way that made it sound nuts
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm

I still have the Sunshine (and i got some very good offers). It Sounds fucking awesome with my Tweed 5E3. The only amp with that it Works really Good. On the other amps is the "too much volume issue".
What is the Volume on this pedal? The gain from the Sunshine or an Output Control?
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Holy Schnikes » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Lack of volume control is what ruined the Sunshine Reverberator for me as well. This one looks pretty cool but I'm so good on reverb already.
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jb2106 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:44 pm

I absolutely LOVED my Sunshine Reverberation.

And yes, the lack of volume control made it totally unusable for live use... I play live with lots of reverb 99.99% of the time but this thing had such a huge volume boost, it messed up my whole dirt chain..

BUT i'm very excited for this new one :D !!!
jb2106

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:44 pm

I hope this one glows in the dark too
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:27 pm

I might pick this one up at some point. I had the Sunshine and really liked it (apart from the volume issues) and the only reason I flipped was because I couldn't resist the money they were going for.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to General Gear