We got a thread about this EHX B9 ped yet?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: We got a thread about this EHX B9 ped yet?

Postby Confuzzled » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:10 pm

This makes the organizer sound like a skin flute.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Tristan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah, it sounds a lot better than I expected, that electric piano thing interests me the most though and I'm wondering whether you can tweak it to full on electric piano instead of the organ, on the other hand I have the Wahoo now and I can get similar but different stuff out of that...
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ripper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Holy batshit I need one of those, makes me wanna stand up & slap my grandma!
Ripper

interested
interested

Postby van_muddlestein » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Yeah this will be purchased.
van_muddlestein

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:50 pm

ChetMagongalo wrote:I don't really want to bring up the EQD vs EHX theme again but I lied I do. Honestly I thought the Organizer sucked. Probably my least favorite octave I've tried out of many. The POG pedals all sound great and I prefer them to EQD's by a long shot. Nothing against EQD, I just have never flipped a pedal as quickly lol.

This one seems pretty cool, the electric piano tones are intriguing. Also I used to have a POG2 and the tracking was REALLY good, so hopefully that will carry over to this being a newer pedal. $220ish would be a smart price.

innnnteresssssting. i mean. it sounds neat. love to hear it on bass. wish a better company made it?

i dig the Organo. but everyone i know hates the lag and that's what i enjoy on it?
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby adapt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 am

there is no better company, EHX are still the kings and this ironizes it.

EHX will put out anything if mike thinks it sounds cool. what other company with such a huge stake in the effects industry would ever even think of putting out the RTG or steel leather or talking machine or whatever the hell else? EHX swings for the fences and when they connect they fucking CONNECT.
will help you!!
adapt

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:05 am

........... youuuuuuu're kidding right? this is troll stuff?

they're fucking AWFUL. they throw so much Has A Kernel Of A Good Idea poo at the wall that OCCASIONALLY something sticks and they, against their best instincts, accidentally make an okay pedal.

i'll give them that?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby adapt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:33 am

cool shortsightedness but no dice. EHX, since day one, has been putting out effects people didn't know they absolutely needed until they were made. think of how the creative landscape has changed in the musical realm simply by the hand of EHX. "the" big muff tone, check. first foot controlled analog delay line, check. talkbox, check; flanger, OTA phaser, polyphonic harmonizer, ring modulator, multitrack looper, etc etc. and some of these i'm not even including because I don't know for sure, like the compressor pedal (probably a black finger).

and how many imitators came along trying to make those exact boxes years down the line? how many people are still trying to reinvent the big muff, five decades later? how long was the POG out before another company tried to duplicate it?

and in between all that, y'know, absolutely revolutionary technology, there was all sorts of wacky shit. by the mid 70s, EHX was one of the biggest effects manufacturers on the planet. and they still put out all this esoteric horseshit because they just felt like it. they took a circuit that howard davis designed just so he could listen to mono records in stereo, and put it in a pedal. why? why not? there was some really weird bullshit too, like a triggerable siren. then there was a device that transmitted your guitar to an AM radio. then there was the RTG. then there was about 100 other things they put out because they thought one person might like it. that's really cool. i mean, the 8-step program was straight up designed by an EHX forum member. some guy posted there and said "hey, you should make this, here are the specs." and they did!

this is a pretty rare business model and we're pretty lucky it exists in an industry that we really care about. EHX pretty much revolutionized the industry 50 years ago and now, in 2014, under the same whacked out dude, they're helping push the envelope yet again. kings for 50+ years.
will help you!!
adapt

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:14 am

.....JERRY, JERRY, JERRY

But really, this thing sounds pretty dope. I record alot of organ/pianoish sounds in my music so thing is purrrrrfect for that use.

Now I just need a damn orchestra pedal.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:47 am

adapt wrote:cool shortsightedness but no dice. EHX, since day one, has been putting out effects people didn't know they absolutely needed until they were made. think of how the creative landscape has changed in the musical realm simply by the hand of EHX. "the" big muff tone, check. first foot controlled analog delay line, check. talkbox, check; flanger, OTA phaser, polyphonic harmonizer, ring modulator, multitrack looper, etc etc. and some of these i'm not even including because I don't know for sure, like the compressor pedal (probably a black finger).

and how many imitators came along trying to make those exact boxes years down the line? how many people are still trying to reinvent the big muff, five decades later? how long was the POG out before another company tried to duplicate it?

and in between all that, y'know, absolutely revolutionary technology, there was all sorts of wacky shit. by the mid 70s, EHX was one of the biggest effects manufacturers on the planet. and they still put out all this esoteric horseshit because they just felt like it. they took a circuit that howard davis designed just so he could listen to mono records in stereo, and put it in a pedal. why? why not? there was some really weird bullshit too, like a triggerable siren. then there was a device that transmitted your guitar to an AM radio. then there was the RTG. then there was about 100 other things they put out because they thought one person might like it. that's really cool. i mean, the 8-step program was straight up designed by an EHX forum member. some guy posted there and said "hey, you should make this, here are the specs." and they did!

this is a pretty rare business model and we're pretty lucky it exists in an industry that we really care about. EHX pretty much revolutionized the industry 50 years ago and now, in 2014, under the same whacked out dude, they're helping push the envelope yet again. kings for 50+ years.

Seconded, Behndy gets a little butt-hurt about it all though.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 am

I agree with a lot of that EHX stuff up there (although I don't actually know how many of those circuits EHX really deserves credit for)
They're definitely innovators, but I think they've lost some focus with their like 9 recent ODs and the 80 different variations of the Big Muff.
There are a lot of companies that I respect more than EHX

That being said this pedal looks sick, the Superego is one of my favourite effects, and I want both for some crazy organ droning jams
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:58 am

I wonder if I can score a POG 2 on the craigslist flip with this thing out there.....

Innovative ideas......
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:29 am

since i wasn't around or playing with pedals back when they might have been good, can't speak to that. CAN say straight up muffs are the shittiest fuzzes i've ever used. can NOT get them to sound good.

my TOTALLY JUSTIFIABLE BUTT HURTEDNESS DAMNIT is about almost everything they've made that i have owned was a low quality constantly breaking 3/4 of a intelligently designed ALMOST good pedal. fuck 'em.

but who cares what i think? glad you dig them and they work for you.

......... even though you're wrong.

nee ner nee ner NEE NER.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:38 am

Tool doesn't use EHX, so why would Behn?

:idk:

:snax:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:59 am

I like that every discussion on a ehx product turns into a discussion on why behndy dislikes ehx
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear